Password:

Forgot your password?
Raid members showing up late/leaving early

Raid members showing up late/leaving early
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Forgive me if this has already been discussed somewhere, but I think it would be nice to have a feature somewhere in the DKP mod for players who show up late or leave early. We have one or two people who are consistently late to raids, and one person who likes to leave early sometimes. It would be great to have this displayed on the site somewhere so everyone can rag on them about it.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
Quote by Nitesbane
Forgive me if this has already been discussed somewhere, but I think it would be nice to have a feature somewhere in the DKP mod for players who show up late or leave early. We have one or two people who are consistently late to raids, and one person who likes to leave early sometimes. It would be great to have this displayed on the site somewhere so everyone can rag on them about it.

not a bad idea.

i believe the raid api has hooks for people joining/leaving
Quote by tkieffer
i believe the raid api has hooks for people joining/leaving

It does. I have a mod that uses it. You can then scan for party change and update an array of people when it happens. GRSS would need an additional set of triggers selectable by the user also. A Raid Start and Raid Stop button or slash command. Each of these could do 2 things. Save the server date and time of the event and capture the Raid at that time. On the events that trigger when players join and leave a raid you could then simply compare the current raid list to the raid list at start. Anyone that is new could be added to the Late List. Anyone that is no longer present could be added to the left early list.

Are you wanting to punish these people like deducting dkp for this behavior or just post it like an overall raid summary to show "Who attended the entire Raid", "Who Arrived Late", and "Who Left Early"?

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Saud,

Good idea. This would help us, since we also hand out ontime DKP. This would be very helpful to see the timeline of the raid.
Quote by Saudorun
Are you wanting to punish these people like deducting dkp for this behavior or just post it like an overall raid summary to show "Who attended the entire Raid", "Who Arrived Late", and "Who Left Early"?

I'd like to see it as an overall summary or some kind of viewable statistic when I look at a character's profile. It would help when making a decision like "I have 3 rogues who want to come to KZ this week, but X-person has showed up late for the past 2 raids and Y-person has left early every night." We don't do a point system for loot, but I know other groups that like to award points for being on time and prepared or take points away for being late.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
I'd like to see it as an overall summary or some kind of viewable statistic when I look at a character's profile. It would help when making a decision like "I have 3 rogues who want to come to KZ this week, but X-person has showed up late for the past 2 raids and Y-person has left early every night." We don't do a point system for loot, but I know other groups that like to award points for being on time and prepared or take points away for being late.

That's interesting. The Raid Analysis section is due for an overhaul, since it's been barely touched since it was created (which was less than a month after launch), and that would be the perfect place to try to fit something like that.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]