Password:

Forgot your password?
Suggestions about how to get help

Suggestions about how to get help
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

I've noticed some posts that go unanswered from time to time and some people obviously get frustrated when that happens. Chops has built a pretty robust set of tools and on top of that attracted business from a large array of people that can provide insight into a lot of things. As a community I don't think I have ever seen anyone not want to help out here. In light of that I'd like to make some suggestions in regards to posting when asking for help.

When you need support on an item you can filter the "Support" and "Advanced Layout" thread tags to see if someone else has already reported and issue similar to what you are experiencing. If the post is old and their are solutions to try or a bug that needs manual attention its good to go through those steps to see if any of that works for you or if you need to add your details to that thread to bump it for Chops to see and look at.

Thread Tags are new to some people so just remember that they are essentially the same as traditional forum categories just displayed differently. When you need support on an item you probably want to open it in the "Support" or "Advanced Layout" thread tag. Personally I would open anything dealing with a CSS, menu.html, or layout.html issue in the Advanced Layout tag. Anything regarding a feature not working as intended or understood I would open under Support.

What should your post contain?
Try to the best of your ability to explain what you did or what your are trying to do.

Include screen shots of things that include settings or items that might be helpful. (ie if your layout is messed up and you just uploaded a new CSS, layout, or menu file then attach them). There are a lot of users here that have knowledge of the system through use or experience but we don't work for DKPSystem and can't see your settings unless you show us which means were either guessing or tossing out random ideas till Chops has a chance to look at it.

If you have already attempted several things you thought would fix the problem go ahead and list them. It will get a lot out of the way as far as follow up questions ahead of time.

What not to do?
You don't necessarily want to post at the bottom of a feature release thread about a problem you are having with the feature. Most of the posts in those threads regard how to initially set up the feature and suggestions about how to improve it or build upon it. If no recent thread exists regarding a problem like yours open a new one and asks for help.

Try to be calm when posting. We all get flustered and frustrated when something isn't working and having worked in a Technical/Engineering support environment for the last 11 years I can tell you that the last person I want to help is the guy that verbal assaults me while asking for help.

All in all I have to say that I have enjoyed being a part of the community here. I have seen a number of people come and few leave here and there. I think there are a lot of people that can likely solve a lot of problems others encounter if we provide a little more information about the issue than we normally would think of. These are all my opinions and again I don't work for Chops so this in no way represents anything formal from DKPSystems.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

[Back to Index]