Password:

Forgot your password?
Splash upload difficulties

Splash upload difficulties
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Everytime i upload my splash.html file which is coded fine through the websites splash upload utility it seems to convert the file to a text file and when i goto test it it just shows me all the coding in text format. What am i doing wrong? I even had my friend look over the code and double check it for me which still didn't seem to help matters.
It looks to me like the following happened.

You copied the HTML code, then pasted it into a WYSIWYG editor, which in turn converted all the <'s and >'s into <'s and >'s, which is why it was displaying like that.

Here's what was inside the code of your current splash page, which is why it wasn't working:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="CONTENT-TYPE" CONTENT="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<TITLE></TITLE>
<META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="OpenOffice.org 2.2 (Win32)">
<META NAME="AUTHOR" CONTENT="Warren Craig">
<META NAME="CREATED" CONTENT="20070817;19535231">
<META NAME="CHANGEDBY" CONTENT="Warren Craig">
<META NAME="CHANGED" CONTENT="20070817;20295296">
<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<!--
@page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in }
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in }
-->
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY LANG="en-US" DIR="LTR">
<PRE>&lt;!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN&quot; &quot;http://www..org/TR/html4/loose.dtd&quot;&gt;<BR>&lt;html&gt;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;head&gt;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;title&gt;Resurrection&lt;/title&gt;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;link rel=&quot;stylesheet&quot; href=&quot;/settings/Resurrection/files/styles.css&quot; type=&quot;text/css&quot; media=&quot;screen&quot; title=&quot;normal&quot; /&gt; <BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/head&gt;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;body&gt;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;div style=&quot;width:100%;text-align:center&quot;&gt;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;img src=&quot;http://dkpfiles.com/resurrection/files/splash%20resurrection.jpg&quot;&gt;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;br&gt;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;a id=&quot;splash&quot; href=&quot;/news.php&quot; title=&quot;Enter the Resurrection guild website&quot;&gt;Enter the Resurrection guild website.&lt;/a&gt;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/div&gt;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/body&gt;<BR>&lt;/html&gt; </PRE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I'll add that I went ahead and copied the code into the file properly and uploaded it. You can click "Test It" now to see how it looks.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]