Password:

Forgot your password?
Archive?

Archive?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Ok I haven't been able to find this anywhere so I will ask - it's been a while since I have posted, well since my guild has gone the way of the dodo - which is unfortunate, because it leaves me with this awesome site that really isn't used much except for a hey how ya doin forum. Which brings me to my question - is there a way for me to pull all the posts/info from my site and save them for posterity before I do a wipe on the site to get it ready for the new guild that I will be using it for? I hate to lose all the good info and history (and drama!) that is sitting there - but I also want to be able to start fresh since it is going to be a completely different group of people who won't understand a lot of the posts that currently exist.
So I take it that's a no?
I'm sorry, I'm afraid not. HOWEVER, here's a semi-approach.

Make a new Thread Tag called "Archives."

Then Delete every other thread tag, and when asked which new thread tag to put the posts into, select "Archives."

This will then put all those old posts into the "Archived" thread tag, which can then be deselected by members in the "Advanced Filter" section.

Hope that helps.

There are plans on implementing a more automated Archiving system, but at the moment, I'm afraid it's not ready.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Bummer - I would actually be reformatting the entire site for a new guild - guess I will just have to do it all by hand instead of just wiping the slate clean and starting over.

Thanks chops!
Quote by Kayleigh
Bummer - I would actually be reformatting the entire site for a new guild - guess I will just have to do it all by hand instead of just wiping the slate clean and starting over.

Thanks chops!

Well if you want the site reset for everything but the forums I think Chops can help. But in the description of Reset Site in the Admin menu it doesn't say anything about resetting the forums.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
I think I found a way - it will just be time consuming - I wanted to be able to keep the forum data - like in an off line thing so I could save it for posterity - but then wipe just the forums and reconfigure the website for a new guild - keeping the wiki and a lot of the other data. It's not a big deal - just sentiment!

[Back to Index]