Password:

Forgot your password?
DKP Decay

DKP Decay
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

So, we decided to add in dkp decay to our system. Seemed simple enough, click on decay, use the recommended values..... and then everything got seriously screwed up. Our dkp rankings our wacked out, the numbers are not what was expected.....

So we try to turn it off , but using the edit dkp decay, and clicking on the "no" to not use it. The original values will not reset. Is there a hidden secret way to reset these values? This is stressing me out.
No. Just leave it disabled, and the decay will reset at night (the decay calculations are calculated every night due to the rather intense calculations going on).

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Left it disabled the first night, hoping that it would reset itself as a maintenance operation. 2 days in and still hasn't reset....bug maybe?
There indeed was a bug. Your site is all good now. Sorry about that.

--
Thanks Chops...looks like that did it. I'm a little nervous about touching the dkp decay again though. Any sage words for messing with that without it throwing the current values for a complete loop?
Well, decay will affect past raids and items. It is retroactive, I'm afraid. You COULD try setting up decay with a very slow time frame,. where the decay doesn't kick in for 6 months or so, but honestly, that kind of defeats the purpose. But that would effectively leave most of your DKP unaffected.

You COULD try this: enable decay to not start decaying for 6 months, and every few days, shorten that value, so as to ease into the decay. Big changes to DKP always lead to drama (I went through it with my own guild too), but slow gradual changes are generally ignored. For example, you could start with 180 days before decay starts, then a week later change it to 165 days, and keep that up, dropping 15 days a week until you're at your target "start decaying" timeframe. This will give your members a chance to adjust.

--

[Back to Index]