Forgot your password?
Priority Loot system HELP

Priority Loot system HELP
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hello Chops,

Can you explain how the Priority Loot system works when check on the dkp system.

Here is how I understand it and you let me know if I am thinking right.

If the option is check to use, then the members can go to their profile to add the items their looking for. Then they put in a point value that they are willing to spend to get this item out of the items received.

This to me sounds kind of like an auction setup.

Thanks for any info.

----
Painkillerle

--
Painkillerle
You're pretty close. The text box isn't the amount of points they're willing to spend, it's an actual priority. So an item with priority 1 is top priority, while an item with priority 3 is 3rd priority for that person.

The idea then, if an item drops, is to award the item based on who wants it more, so to speak.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
You're pretty close. The text box isn't the amount of points they're willing to spend, it's an actual priority. So an item with priority 1 is top priority, while an item with priority 3 is 3rd priority for that person.

The idea then, if an item drops, is to award the item based on who wants it more, so to speak.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

Thanks Chops, Makes sence now

----
Painkillerle

--
Painkillerle
Awesome.

There are actually some added features for the priority loot stuff coming, but it's prety low priority at the moment.

----

--
So obviously every warlock is going to have every piece of Felheart as a priority 1 on their list.

What I see that is lacking in the system is how do those managing the loot system assign the prority rotation from there. Today you simply approve that I have requested an item with priority 1. If 3 other Warlocks want the item a rotation system needs to be put into place.

Is this going to be part of the new support for the system?

Since your now mainly just updating Items Received and a Priority list will that automatically update and remove the item from a persons priority list or is it something you can plan to build into the next versions of Priority Loot?

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
So obviously every warlock is going to have every piece of Felheart as a priority 1 on their list.

Not quite, since you can only have one of each rank, so they're forced to pick a rank.

Generally speaking though, in my experience, setting a priority list like that is really only applicable when there are a few items to get from the instance, like if MC is on farm status, but someone STILL wants a mageblade, for example. I wouldn't clutter the priority system with 15 different levels of wanting an item, since obviously, when you're starting a new instance, everyone wants everything. It's really only useful for "finishing off" an instance.

But yes, some of the things you mention are indeed being planned on. Unfortunately, expanding the priority loot system is pretty low priority at this point.

----

--

Not quite, since you can only have one of each rank, so they're forced to pick a rank.

You might want to check this functionality then as I think it is bugged. I was able to establish all my Felheart items as Priority 1. There was no restriction to setting an item to a specific unique priority per individual.

Also is there a reason why the only drop down is currently "Non Instance"? It would be very helpful if you can update this or fix it quickly so that it shows all the instances today and an option for "Quest" along with Non Instance.

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

--

You might want to check this functionality then as I think it is bugged. I was able to establish all my Felheart items as Priority 1. There was no restriction to setting an item to a specific unique priority per individual.

Also is there a reason why the only drop down is currently "Non Instance"? It would be very helpful if you can update this or fix it quickly so that it shows all the instances today and an option for "Quest" along with Non Instance.

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

Interesting. As for the "Non-Instance" being the only option, those are defined in the "Destinations" section of the DKP Section.

----

--
Interesting. As for the "Non-Instance" being the only option, those are defined in the "Destinations" section of the DKP Section.

Ah that could explain it. Let me check as I bet we have not locations defined in our loot system yet.

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

--

Ah that could explain it. Let me check as I bet we have not locations defined in our loot system yet.

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

Welcome to Noobville. Meet your mayor Saudorun....
That fixed that. The instances show up now.

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

--

[Back to Index]