Forgot your password?
Concerning Uploading of files

Concerning Uploading of files
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hi Chops,

I wanted to ask you if there is a limit on file size that can be uploaded to our website?

Reason for me asking is that we are starting to use videos of boss fights - and before members start uploading like crazy I wanted to run it by you

Thanks

/Misen

Quote by Misen
Hi Chops,

I wanted to ask you if there is a limit on file size that can be uploaded to our website?

Reason for me asking is that we are starting to use videos of boss fights - and before members start uploading like crazy I wanted to run it by you

Thanks

/Misen

I don't recall the limits but I know they are there. I think a single file can't be more than 900mg.

If you are looking at hosting videos I would look into using one of the already free services that are out there. Most of them allow you to limit who can see what you post. Then all you have to do is post them in a thread. This might also help because if you are using as a training thing like I would to demonstrate positioning and movement through a fight. Then it is in a thread where people can post and discuss what is happening.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
900mg

scratch a zero from there. 90 meg is the per-file limit, give or take a few bytes.

Otherwise, my only limitation is "be reasonable." In the case of videos and stuff, you're much better off uploading to something like filefront, as those sites are designed for and have the infrastructure for mass downloading.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Hehe I guessed so - downloading directly from the thread is easier though.

But thanks guys - Will pass instructions on to our members so it doesn't get out of control

/Misen

[Back to Index]