Password:

Forgot your password?
GRSS mod doesn't support multi-byte chars

GRSS mod doesn't support multi-byte chars
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

I noticed that the "Spam Chat" feature of GRSS stops as soon as it encounter a name with a multi-byte character in it. I further suspect this because it expands multi-byte characters to '?'.

Perhaps there is something that can be done about this?

Thanks!
Interesting find. Thanks for that. I'll see what I can do.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Looks like the ActiveState Perl (which I presume you used to compile the executable) may not be Unicode compliant. I will test this out by setting windows to use ANSI multi-byte instead, though that's not a dead giveaway as the executable may not even have that built in.

I'll also try to see if the vanilla Perl for Win32 has Unicode supported, probably a long shot though.
So this is goofy. Changing internationalization settings didn't do anything. However the GRSS mod did accept a bid from a user whose name was truncated with a '?' where the multi-byte character appeared. This time, the GRSS mod picked up the actual name of the toon and applied the bid against a new DKP standing.

Needless to say this made importing the DKP from GRSS to the web site interesting. In essence, I had to do it manually. I can deal with it for now. Perhaps I can supply some sort of debugging info to help figure this one out?
Interesting. I appreciate the searching. I'll be digging around in the GRSS this week, so I'll be sure to check out what's causing this for you.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]