Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Bug
Section of the Site Documentation
Urgency (2 votes)
Rating (1 votes)
Description:
Confusing User eXperience/documentation

what does the "applications" permission govern?

Also, is the "Access Name" (I'm assuming that's what you refer to in the code) used anywhere outside of adminsecurity.php? If it's not, you should hide that column
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Also, is the "Access Name" (I'm assuming that's what you refer to in the code) used anywhere outside of adminsecurity.php? If it's not, you should hide that column

heh...that's true.

Applications gives users the ability to see the applications section of the admin menu, as well as when the thread is created, the rank of that that security option is used to determine who gets added to the private thread list.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops

heh...that's true.

Applications gives users the ability to see the applications section of the admin menu, as well as when the thread is created, the rank of that that security option is used to determine who gets added to the private thread list.

Ahh, gotcha (you should update the description with all that )

Another question, are polls hidden from the applicant? (that's a worry of mine when enabling polls - I think it's a great idea if the reviewers can see the poll, but bad if the applicant can see that)

Another question, are polls hidden from the applicant?

Afraid not. If you can see the thread, you can see the poll.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Alright - disabled... for now
Quote by Chops

Well actually the applicant shouldn't be able to see them as long as they are set to private thread and you have the rank set to officer or higher. An applicant can't even see their own application after it is submitted. You don't need an account to submit one. The only way an applicant will see it is if they have an account on the site and are of the correct rank or you allow EVERYONE to see application posts.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
Quote by Chops

Well actually the applicant shouldn't be able to see them as long as they are set to private thread and you have the rank set to officer or higher. An applicant can't even see their own application after it is submitted. You don't need an account to submit one. The only way an applicant will see it is if they have an account on the site and are of the correct rank or you allow EVERYONE to see application posts.

Hmm, that's a thought

I would like to be able to let officers ask questions/clarify with the applicant, though, letting them respond in that thread would be pretty handy - email may work too, though

[Back to Index]