Password:

Forgot your password?
Custome permissions on form tags

Custome permissions on form tags
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

It would be nice to have some form tags that only certain people can see across multiple ranks in the guild,

I will give some examples, the people who administer the site all have different ranks on the forms based on there rank in the guild, it would be nice to have the ability to make a form tag that was "Form Information" and this be a place where the form Administrators can talk about enhancements, changes, issues and what not for the site.

Also we have special focus groups in the guild that work on specific tasks such as analytics, guild bank, and what not that are also spread out across ranks it would be nice to create a place for them to dialogue also.

Itzshadow
Blood of Vengance - Norgannon US PvE

--
~Itzshadow
For every occurrence of "form" in your post, do you mean "forum." As written, I'm not sure what you're requesting exactly.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
For every occurrence of "form" in your post, do you mean "forum." As written, I'm not sure what you're requesting exactly.

yes I mean Forum, man I need to re-read my posts some times to make sure I have the correct words

Transulation

It would be nice to have some forum tags that only certain people can see across multiple ranks in the guild,

I will give some examples, the people who administer the site all have different ranks on the forums, it would be nice to have the ability to make a forum tag that was "forum Information" and this be a place where the forum Administrators can talk about enhancements, changes, issues and what not for the site.

Also we have special focus groups in the guild that work on specific tasks such as analytics, guild bank, and what not that are also spread out across ranks it would be nice to create a place for them to dialogue also.

Itzshadow

--
~Itzshadow
After playing around more and trying things this might make my suggestion more clear

What I would like to be able to do is have the ability to create new Thread Tags on the forums, but with these Thread Tags I would like to have the ability to give individual users permissions to only see them and write to them like you can when sending a private message. This will allow for dialoging between members that we have on Task teams like I had stated before. A Task team to us is like Recruitment, Forum Administration, Raid Performance, etc…

Itzshadow

--
~Itzshadow
Have you looked into the "Private Thread Tag" option?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I have looked in to the private thread option; this is most likely the solution we are going to use as of now.

This can become quite cumbersome at times if you are posting different topics or Ideas to discuss, because you have to remember to make it a private thread add all the appropriate people and give it a title that makes since so you can find it again since there is no Threat Tag that is just used for the task group.

I have also thought about making thread tags for the focus groups but then you always get somebody that will post using that thread tag for something and it just makes a management nightmare.

--
~Itzshadow
Quote by Itzshadow
I have looked in to the private thread option; this is most likely the solution we are going to use as of now.

This can become quite cumbersome at times if you are posting different topics or Ideas to discuss, because you have to remember to make it a private thread add all the appropriate people and give it a title that makes since so you can find it again since there is no Threat Tag that is just used for the task group.

I have also thought about making thread tags for the focus groups but then you always get somebody that will post using that thread tag for something and it just makes a management nightmare.

Chops is talking about the Private Thread Tags, not just Private Threads. Any member can create a Private Thread Tag in which they designate who can see that tag by name. As an example, I have one on my guild page for those with site admin permissions... this is handy since those people aren't necessarily guild officers, and so the officer forum wouldn't work.

The benefit of the Private Tag option is that you don't have to remember to make it private, then add names, etc... it's all done once. After it's created, it functions like any other thread tag, but is only visible to those certain members. You could make a tag specifically for "Recruiting," and those with access can create any number of threads with that tag.
Ok I am jsut not fallowing this to well, can you or sombody give me kinda step by step directions to find what you are talking about, I am probaly just over looking this

thanks in advance

--
~Itzshadow
Just found this, and yes I over looked it, and yes this will do exactaly what I want it to do. Thanks for baring with me

--
~Itzshadow

[Back to Index]