Password:

Forgot your password?
Top Bar Useing Glass

Top Bar Useing Glass
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Correct. enabling any Drop-In Templates or Advanced Layout disables the Top-bar settings, as you'll have to tweak the code itself to change them.

Useing Glass uber drop in.

Ok tweaked the css got rid of forum stats on top bar... now have part of dkpsystems forum demo on bottom of all pages...go figure.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
By tweaking the CSS and simply deleting the rule, the HTML is still being displayed.

The easier approach, rather than deleting the CSS for it, would be to add the following rule to the item you deleted:

display:none

Then it would simply be hidden from rendering.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

Thanks Chops..
Quote by kee

Thanks Chops..

Hey, what was the CSS for the forum posts showing in the top bar in Glass?

I can't seem to remove the links from my logo...
Interestingly enough, it doesn't have an ID or class, which is a problem that should get fixed.

What I'd recommend doing is editing the HTML itself (Admin > Advanced Layout Options). There'll be a section in the HTML that looks like this

<!--System:PopularThreads-->

Deleting that will remove it altogether. Then upload it. That is, until the template gets changed to have an id on the popular threads section.

--
Quote by Chops
Interestingly enough, it doesn't have an ID or class, which is a problem that should get fixed.

What I'd recommend doing is editing the HTML itself (Admin > Advanced Layout Options). There'll be a section in the HTML that looks like this

<!--System opularThreads-->

Deleting that will remove it altogether. Then upload it. That is, until the template gets changed to have an id on the popular threads section.

Hrmm...

Just downloaded the HTML and searched through it and didn't find anything like that...
Just downloaded the HTML and searched through it and didn't find anything like that...

Did you just do File > Save As?

You need to do it in the Advanced Layout Options.

--
Did you just do File > Save As?

You need to do it in the Advanced Layout Options.

Yep. Right-clicked the Current Layout and saved the file from there.

Did searches and scanned manually for that command and I don't see it...yet the forum links are still at the top of the page.

The other <!--System> commands are there...just not that one.
Yep. Right-clicked the Current Layout and saved the file from there.

Did searches and scanned manually for that command and I don't see it...yet the forum links are still at the top of the page.

The other <!--System> commands are there...just not that one.

Okay, it has suddenly disappeared...thanks once again for your help Chops.

Okay, it has suddenly disappeared...thanks once again for your help Chops.

No problem. It seems the version you were downloading was an autogenerated version or something to that effect.

I downloaded the template from the Drop-In Templates section and modified the layout file there, and that took care of the issue.

--
Quote by Chops
No problem. It seems the version you were downloading was an autogenerated version or something to that effect.

I downloaded the template from the Drop-In Templates section and modified the layout file there, and that took care of the issue.

Brilliant.

[Back to Index]