Forgot your password?
Can't upload grsssnapshots

Can't upload grsssnapshots
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2
I have a similar but different problem. I downloaded the grss and it works in game but I try to upload the file to the guild website and there is no data on it. I'm thinking it is saving the data in another file besides guildraidsnapshot.lua. Also I noticed when I went into the WTF/<accountname>/savedvariables/ file I there wasn't a guildraidsnapshot.lua. I did however find it in the addons folder in the guildraidsnapshot mod folder. I took that file and copied it into the savedvariables file in the hope that it would save the snapshots in there. This however didn't happen, at this point I am at a loss of how to get this very handy mod to work correctly can you help me out? also when I exit wow and start it up again it prompts me to purge or keep the snapshots that I already have.

P.S. I'm attaching the .lua file that I have to this post. This is the file I copied from the addons folder to the saved variables folder then tried to take another snapshot.
To clarify some things for you, Ribtickler, the file that you uploaded is a copy of the program file itself (as you stated you copied the file from the addons to the savedvariables folder). This isn't quite right, because the file in the Addons folder doesn't store any data, and placing that into the savedvariables folder might actually cause problems (perhaps not, I've never actually tried it).

In any case, what you should be doing, is after a raid:

1) Close WoW (or type /console reloadui, but closing WoW is the easy one).
2) Upload the file from the SavedVariables folder

That should be it. If you're running Windows Vista, and you have WoW installed to the program files, then there's a chance that file in the saved variables folder doesn't exist, or is completely blank, in which case it'd be best if I talked to you on the phone for now (until I write up a solution).

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
To clarify some things for you, Ribtickler, the file that you uploaded is a copy of the program file itself (as you stated you copied the file from the addons to the savedvariables folder). This isn't quite right, because the file in the Addons folder doesn't store any data, and placing that into the savedvariables folder might actually cause problems (perhaps not, I've never actually tried it).

In any case, what you should be doing, is after a raid:

1) Close WoW (or type /console reloadui, but closing WoW is the easy one).
2) Upload the file from the SavedVariables folder

That should be it. If you're running Windows Vista, and you have WoW installed to the program files, then there's a chance that file in the saved variables folder doesn't exist, or is completely blank, in which case it'd be best if I talked to you on the phone for now (until I write up a solution).

That makes a lot of sense I have windows vista(cant get a new comp with XP anymore) and the reason why I copied that file to the saved variables folder was there wasn't one in the folder to begin with. I work day shift and and if you could call me and walk me thru this process it would be very appreciated.

<<< 1 2
[Back to Index]