Password:

Forgot your password?
Template Problem - Blood Elf

Template Problem - Blood Elf
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

On the "Blood Elf" drop-In template the news section goes over the right side of the border and doesnt stay within the boundries. Any reason why or how to fix it?

Also, is there a way to make the "SHOUT Box" a scroll box instead of it taking up a good part of the left hand side of the colum?
Quote by Kross
On the "Blood Elf" drop-In template the news section goes over the right side of the border and doesnt stay within the boundries. Any reason why or how to fix it?

Also, is there a way to make the "SHOUT Box" a scroll box instead of it taking up a good part of the left hand side of the colum?

I've sent a ticket to Chops listing the following glitches/issues I've found with the Blood Elf Template. Awesome template, just needs a couple kinks worked out. The items I've pointed out to Chops are:

1) [li][/ li] shows no bullets when used in BBCode messages/guides.
2) When sending a private message, the background of the selection screen is unchangeable in the CSS available. Even making that background default to black would rock.
3) Same issue as that for #2, except when editting galleries and subgalleries.
4) The font for the secondary thread tag selection list when posting a new thread is HUGE, cant find where to change it.
5) Under admin, when setting up ranks - the Forum Post Color selection area is bugged. The same problem exists in other areas where that interface is used.

Eagerly awaiting a reply, I hope these problems prove to be manageable.

Krawnik,
Ascendant.DKPSystem.Com

--

Krawnik
Warlord of Ascendant
Dagoth

Thanks guys, I'll definitely be looking into these issues. The news issue is the weirdest one to me, but I'm sure I'll find the fixes for them.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
To Add:

The template works fine in IE except that the titles under the logo are all bunched up. The shout box Definetly needs to be a scroll box

Also, is there anyways to have more control over the templates to like say put more boxes on the right od the screen by usinf the "Menu" admin features?

I dont believe you can do that on any of the other templates that are here...they r what they are kinda thing.

UPDATE: Outland Template has same problems
Also, is there anyways to have more control over the templates to like say put more boxes on the right od the screen by usinf the "Menu" admin features?

You certainly can, but that admittedly, requires hard editing of the HTML and CSS. It's not something that's built into the templates, I'm afraid. As it stands, the "Glass", "Envy", and "DKPSystem.com" are the only two templates that support both sides as built into them. The others were left out due to stylistic reasons.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Np, figured I'd ask. Would be nice to have the option though. Any luch with why the news sections on those templates go out of the borders on Firefox but no IE?
In addition to the OP's starting post, there are a number of other pages on the blood elf theme that 'cross the right margin'.

If you have a page up that uses the majority (or all) of the page and then you 'show menu' it can bump things to the right and over the margin. Example that I've seen are the gallery, news posts (especially ones with images that were the size to fit in without the menu - that might not be a bug).

There are other times where it breaks on the bottom margin. Go to character edit, profile, and go to manually add items. If you add 3 (by clicking on 'Add item' 3 times) the bottom bar doesn't go down as the page lengthens and you end up having to hit enter on your keyboard to save them as you can't click on 'save'.

There are a few other areas where this bottom bar doesn't move as well.

[Back to Index]