Password:

Forgot your password?
Account Hacking on the rise

Account Hacking on the rise
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Off-Topic]
Secondary: None

To all those that use Mods beware of where you get them. There seem to be an increase of mods being distributed with a Keystroke recorder included. These mods will catch your login and password when you sign into WOW and send them to a 3rd party. We have had a couple guildies in the last 3 months hacked and log into their nake pennieless toons.

----
Warlock - Inconceivable Admin

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Alwaas be leary of mods that include Executables (EXE files).

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
i got hacked as well as a friend of mine, but i know for a fact ive never downloaded a keylogger.
shouldn't be giving account info out to others either.

----
Sreh

--
Sreh
shouldn't be giving account info out to others either.

----
Sreh

'specially if you're a guild leader. I only ever gave my account info to the officers and even then only temporarily (like if I was out of town or something and they'd need some of my chants). I knew I could trust the officers in pariticular since I knew them all in person, and have for many years. Once I did give it to a non-member (after changing the password, of course), and very quickly changed the password back after that.

I've never had a problem with being hacked.

However, my ICQ account got hacked, and I wasn't able to get it back. Some russian busted into it. No idea how either, as I hadn't used it in a long time, then one day, I get a call from one of my clients that I was online and only talking in russian.

I'm still annoyed, I had a sub-million ICQ number.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
i got hacked as well as a friend of mine, but i know for a fact ive never downloaded a keylogger.

Its not just from mods, it's any link you may click on, could even be something someone put on the main WoW forums. Say a movie or picture clip w/e may be of interest.

I had this happen to a guildie 2 weeks ago, he got it from the WoW site as he assumed things there were safe. Basically anywhere the public can post is where u can be targetted.

Its not just from mods, it's any link you may click on, could even be something someone put on the main WoW forums. Say a movie or picture clip w/e may be of interest.

I had this happen to a guildie 2 weeks ago, he got it from the WoW site as he assumed things there were safe. Basically anywhere the public can post is where u can be targetted.

Maybe setting your browser settings to not allow anything to be DLed or installed without authorization first.

--
Sreh
pretty much right on there. Do a properties check before clicking too.

Unrelated to this but perhaps a good idea for this issue, I ordered a new router. I had the basic linksys, you know a router is a router right? Well we had been experiencing some great lag & DC issues, tried the assigning of IP's blah blah nothing was working. I determined that perhaps it was time to go over the $60 Linksys range.

I found a D-Link Gaming router for around $150. Its supposed to be great protection & super fast for gaming & multitasking. It should be here on Wednesday so i'll have more info then.

[Back to Index]