Password:

Forgot your password?
Forum Scrolling (IFrame i believe) Problem

Forum Scrolling (IFrame i believe) Problem
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I have a quick question. Becuase of several reasons, i've chosen to use one of the drop in templates that DKPSystem has. I've selected several different ones to see if the scrolling problem goes away, but it seems that many of them still have this problem.

Problem: When someone posts a screenshot or an image that is bigger than the users screen size, they have to scroll within the post. It looks like an IFrame. I rarely have this problem as i run at 1680x1050. But a lot of my users run 1280x1024. So i get complaints all the time about this.

So, i'm wondering if theres a way to disable this frame scrolling thing or if there is a way to automatically disallow images over a certain size to be displayed. (I've seen on some forums where forums actually replace the large image with a small thumbnail that links to the full size pic)

Thanks for any help!
Quote by sentar
I have a quick question. Becuase of several reasons, i've chosen to use one of the drop in templates that DKPSystem has. I've selected several different ones to see if the scrolling problem goes away, but it seems that many of them still have this problem.

Problem: When someone posts a screenshot or an image that is bigger than the users screen size, they have to scroll within the post. It looks like an IFrame. I rarely have this problem as i run at 1680x1050. But a lot of my users run 1280x1024. So i get complaints all the time about this.

So, i'm wondering if theres a way to disable this frame scrolling thing or if there is a way to automatically disallow images over a certain size to be displayed. (I've seen on some forums where forums actually replace the large image with a small thumbnail that links to the full size pic)

Thanks for any help!

One idea that may work : Make a screenshot gallery, and have the users upload photos there, they are resized as part of the gallery.
You'd have to tweak the CSS to disable the auto scrolling. Anything that says overflow:auto in the CSS will enable auto-scrolling. The problem, of course, is that a layout that relies on static sizes will then stretch as far as it needs to, and can allow your users to really mess with the layout of your site by posting obscenely large images.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]