Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Bug
Section of the Site Advanced Layout Options and CSS
Urgency (1 votes)
Rating (1 votes)
Description:
My guild uses an IRC channel for out-of-game chat and such. I know that DKPSystem has a Live Chat system, but since we're already using IRC, I'd love to be able to hook up to it via the site.

After doing some research, I found Mibbit.com which is an AJAX IRC client. They have an "embed" feature which requires me to put an IFRAME in a page as described here:

http://www.mibbit.com/widget.html

Do we have a mechanism that lets me create a "custom" HTML or PHP page? I think I can put an HTML page up in the Administrative File Uploader, but I'd like it to skin with the rest of the content.

Thoughts?

UPDATE: Changes subject and type based on discussion below.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
You can actually embed the page directly without doing any custom HTML programming. When editing a Menu Item, check the box for "Is this just a link to another page", then check the box for "Inline Frame" Finally, enter the size you want it to be (say, 600 pixels high by 100% wide) and enter the URL of the chat client.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
You can actually embed the page directly without doing any custom HTML programming. When editing a Menu Item, check the box for "Is this just a link to another page", then check the box for "Inline Frame" Finally, enter the size you want it to be (say, 600 pixels high by 100% wide) and enter the URL of the chat client.

PERFECT! Thanks chops.

--
Quaiche - Addon Author, Druid, and Guild Leader for Benevolent Thuggery on Dragonblight
Okay, while this works, it also doesn't.

The IFRAME I'm embedding from Mibbit requires the XHTML Strict DTD to work correctly in IE7. Meh.

But when I add that, the sizing information that you add from the link setup page doesn't work because you're putting it in a style="" attribute instead of in the height and width attributes.

I think I can hack around this with the DOM and some JavaScript, but it would be much nicer if you put in the proper IFRAME attributes.

--
Quaiche - Addon Author, Druid, and Guild Leader for Benevolent Thuggery on Dragonblight
Correct that. The problem is that the height in the style attribute doesn't incluide the units. If you make it say style="width:95%;height=600px;" it works fine.

And this isn't just IE7, this is also true in Firefox 3.0.1

--
Never mind, I just found this thread:

http://www.dkpsystem.com/viewthread.php?threadid=6715

That discussed it. Thanks!

--

[Back to Index]