Password:

Forgot your password?
Help adding a "Top Bar" Menu

Help adding a "Top Bar" Menu
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

Anyone out there know how to code up a menu bar that stretches across the top of the screen?

I'd like to add a few quick links up there, so people don't always need to access the side menu.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry I haven't yet responded to this one.

To do this, you'll have to modify the layout file in the Advanced Layout Options and take advantage of the Embedded Menus.

I'll be posting a number of new templates this week that take advantage of a floating top menu bar and I can post here snippets from that code.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Just wondering... We are a Vanguard guild (forsakenheroes.dkpsystem.com ) and I REALLY liked the template with the WoW endgame boss mob guy (the Diablo looking one). Let me say that went over like a poo sandwich with my members so we switched to the "glass" template. Now I am cool with that one, a bit more MMO neutral, however I need to be pointed in the right direction (if there is one), to be able to add the menu to the top instead of the left/right sides. I was thinking it would look best right under the header area.

I have also noticed that when I edit the CSS file (mildly comfortable with the procedure) that some changes take and some don't. For example,

/* The cell record on the calendar for if there is something scheduled this day */
.calsomething{font-size: 11pt;
font-weight: bold;
color: #ff1fdf;}

Now this code is not originally in this Template but I grabbed it from the other one I liked. Funny thing is that it DOES change the size of the date (number) for a scheduled event, hiowever, it does NOT change the color but rather leaves it the default white.

Help on both issues would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff B
(PsyOpp)

[Back to Index]