Status Open
Type Bug
Section of the Site Characters/Roster
Urgency (1 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
I am having a few problems on my site.

ega.dkpsystem.com

1. Some Characters are missing and when I attempt to recreate them they do not get created. The only time I have been able to get Characters created on the site is with the Armory lookup feature.

2. ** Fixed ** After creating my last Raid Event the people signing up are not showing as having a class association. I.e. Rogue = Melee Etc.

3. ** Fixed ** It is probably related the the previous issue but my roles have gone missing.

All of these issues are starting to happen around my site and I am trying to figure out what is causing them. Since I have seen some adjustments in the website functionality I am assuming it is related.

I would like to stress that this be resolved and that we find a way to recover all of the missing information as soon as possible.

** Update: Some of the Template Raids I set up were not associated with World of Warcraft. They have been updated and it resolved a few issues.

On the other hand missing characters is still a problem although I am not sure of all the characters that have gone missing or why they would have. the two accounts that I have had to recover were Thorina assoceated with account Thorina and Ylnshekaret associated with account Yin.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
I'm seeing both the account "Yin" and the characters "Yinshekaret" on your site. I'm also seeing both the account "Thorina" and the character "Thorina" on your site.

Also, if you go to Admin > Characters, and click "Add new Member", you're not able to create characters that way?

Keep in mind that characters and accounts are two separate entities and in your post you were using the two interchangeably, which can lead to confusion.

To be sure, are the characters going missing or are the accounts going missing?

We can always recover data from backups, but I'd need to know exactly what is missing, since both characters and both accounts are currently showing in your system.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
OK,

To clarify, at this point in time I am unaware of any other "Character" that is missing.

The fact that two Characters went missing and that I could not do what you suggested for the two Characters that had gone missing was why I opened the ticket.

How I recovered Ylnshekaret (note it is Y-L-N in the character name) and Thorina was to have the system do an Armory Lookup.

I am concerned that other Characters could have gone missing, so I am asking to find a way to verify that I do not have Hidden Characters or something else that may be preventing me from seeing them in my roster.
I could not do what you suggested for the two Characters

Was it giving you an error or something? Or what about it wasn't working? At what part was that failing?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Was it giving you an error or something? Or what about it wasn't working? At what part was that failing?

Actually there was no error at all, I would try and create the character and when I clicked submit it went to the next page, but no character.

I understand that this is a hard ticket to work with, so at this point you can close it, when I come across another phantom situation like I had dealt with, I will open a new ticket with that account, and reference this ticket.

[Back to Index]