Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Open
Type Suggestion
Section of the Site Game Addons/Importers
Urgency (1 votes)
Rating (1 votes)
Description:
Hi Chops,

As mentioned around here by some others I was thinking if it could be an idea (if possible) to have the grss mod sync with other officers who have it running.

If this was possible then the range issue and the situations where a game crashes and therefore doesn't save "old" data.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
While this isn't coming in the very next version of the GRSS, it is slated to be done.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Argh - just lost another raid because of wow crash.

Chops, do you know when something like this could be done?!
This happens to me all the time and that is why I have to have someone else in the guild run the addon. My WoW client just isn't reliable enough. I lose all the data when it crashes.

I know a way to prevent the crashes (lowering the video quality settings), but then playing the game is no longer enjoyable.
Quote by Krellin
This happens to me all the time and that is why I have to have someone else in the guild run the addon. My WoW client just isn't reliable enough. I lose all the data when it crashes.

I know a way to prevent the crashes (lowering the video quality settings), but then playing the game is no longer enjoyable.

Not to be a killjoy and it's a great suggestion to have this feature, but if lowering the video settings stops your game from crashing you either have a bad Video card, bad CPU or bad ram...

Not to be a killjoy and it's a great suggestion to have this feature, but if lowering the video settings stops your game from crashing you either have a bad Video card, bad CPU or bad ram...

Perhaps, but I had a buddy whose WoW client crashed during shutdown every time, so he couldn't have any mods that required storing data. I don't know what the problem was and when he solved it, but it was a consistent problem for several months of the release of WoW.

That said, my client is totally stable at 1680x1050, I dunno what res you run. I've had one customer say he plays at 2500x1900 - crazy.

It could also be an OS thing, maybe. Who knows.

--
Argh ppl stealing my ticket

Chops u missed my small bump of ticket
Oh I definitely saw it and the next major version of the GRSS will have syncing, a settings interface, and a snapshot, item, and adjustment viewer.

--
ur the best Chops
Quote by zanthorx

I'm a System Administrator. I work with and troubleshoot computer hardware all day long. There isn't anything wrong with the computer I'm using. It's definitely a software issue--the WoW client being the culprit. Whenever the WoW client begins to exceed its 2GB namespace limit, it crashes. Lowering the video quality and resolution prevents WoW from ever approaching 2GB.

I have tested and verified this on several computers. I have also sent emails to Blizzard to let them know this is something that needs to be addressed.

If you're curious, I play at 1920x1080 on a 42" LCD with all of the video quality settings maxed.
If you're curious, I play at 1920x1080 on a 42" LCD with all of the video quality settings maxed.

That's some big resolution there.

--

[Back to Index]