Forgot your password?
New GuildRaidSnapShot Mod

New GuildRaidSnapShot Mod
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6

Is it possible for us to use this system and still keep things automated?

Yep, you can just have them send a tell with "!bid 1" or something like that.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Yeah we say !bid 1 if you want it, and !bid 0 if you don't. That way I don't have to go thru the whole list of people.

Only prob of course is typos, so I do have to look at it to make sure highest DKP wins, and not highest bid.
Yeah we say !bid 1 if you want it, and !bid 0 if you don't. That way I don't have to go thru the whole list of people.

Only prob of course is typos, so I do have to look at it to make sure highest DKP wins, and not highest bid.

Why do you bother with !bid 0? If the don't want it tell them not to bid at all.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Since we give it out by DKP I'm just giving the folks with high DKP the chance to let me know if their interested or not so I can get thru the DKP list faster.

See I'm a nice guild master, I get an answer from everyone so there's no bitching afterwards that I skipped 'em. LOL

They have it on macro, gets thru list lots quicker.
Will this work with the new update today?

--
Hey Fred! I'm off to crash the server. Wish me luck!
Will this work with the new update today?

There was actually another post to a beta that should work.
http://www.dkpsystem.com/viewthread.php?threadid=1346

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Chops, I love the system and have been messing around with your lua's for Argonauts on Aerie Peak (WoW).

I have found that some people wanted a full list of everyone's DKP so I added the following and listed everyone's DKP ranking on the !dkpclass command:

elseif(string.find(msg,"^!dkpclass")) then
s,e,class = string.find(msg,"^!dkpclass%s+(.+)%s*");
if class==nil or class == "" then
GRSS_SendWhisper("You need to specify a class (i.e. !dkpclass mage)", "WHISPER", lang, from);
else
SavedSort = GRSS_CurrentSort;
GRSSSortBy("total");
found = false;
for i,v in pairs(GRSS_DKP) do
if string.lower(v.class) == string.lower(class) then
GRSS_SendWhisper("#"..i.." [ "..v.total.." ] ==> "..v.name,"WHISPER",lang,from);
found=true;
end
end
if found==false then
GRSS_SendWhisper("Sorry, no players were found with the class "..class,"WHISPER",lang,from);
end
GRSSSortBy(SavedSort);
end
elseif(string.find(msg,"^!dkpall")) then

SavedSort = GRSS_CurrentSort;
GRSSSortBy("total");

GRSS_SendWhisper("#"..i.." [ "..v.total.." ] ==> "..v.name.." ("..v.class..")","WHISPER",lang,from);
end

GRSSSortBy(SavedSort);

Chops, I was wondering if you could change the GetGRSSDKP application to also grab the priority of items from the website. I am looking for this so that I can add showing the priority of an item at the same time as showing the price of it.

Eventually I would like to get to the point where when the bidding for an item occurs, it would show the DKP cost and the Loot Priority when it says that bidding has started.
Our guild is currently in the process of moving our dkp system to the GRSS mod. We currently use nurfed dkp system and their in-game mod also shows attendence. Is there anyway to add this info to the in-game grss mod?. We also on the server side have the option to show and keep track of revolving attendence for a set period of time from the current date. Is this possible to include as well? Our raiders have to maintain a certain raid percentage to take priorty on loot over those who shall we say don't have over that certain percentage. As it seems in your system right now this will be very difficult to track and distribute loot the way were used to.

--
Unknown Entity
Quote by blade2edge
Our guild is currently in the process of moving our dkp system to the GRSS mod. We currently use nurfed dkp system and their in-game mod also shows attendence. Is there anyway to add this info to the in-game grss mod?. We also on the server side have the option to show and keep track of revolving attendence for a set period of time from the current date. Is this possible to include as well? Our raiders have to maintain a certain raid percentage to take priorty on loot over those who shall we say don't have over that certain percentage. As it seems in your system right now this will be very difficult to track and distribute loot the way were used to.

Our guild has found that you can do a raid analysis to see a member's attendance over a specified persiod of time.
We have explored that option Cyanos. But it seems like that would slow our loot system down during raids and cause some confusion among our members. We are looking to really streamline our loot system and keep it as close to what our members are already use to. Attendence is so key in loot distribution and we really would like to see a better solution.

--
Unknown Entity
Due to requests in my guild, I have added a whisper when people's rolls have been recorded.

function GRSS_RecordRoll(name,roll)
if string.lower(v.name)==string.lower(name) then
if GRSS_DKP[i].roll == "" or GRSS_DKP[i].roll == nil then
GRSS_DKP[i].roll = roll;
GRSS_SendWhisper(name..", your roll has been recorded.","WHISPER",lang,name);
end
return;
end
end
temp = {};
temp.name = name;
temp.class = "?";
temp.spent = "";
temp.earned = "";
temp.adj = "";
temp.roll = roll;
temp.total = "?";
table.insert(GRSS_DKP,1,temp);
GRSSScrollBar_Update();
GRSS_SendWhisper(name..", your roll has been recorded.","WHISPER",lang,name);
end
My guild also wanted the DKP value listed, and brackets around the item name, so here are those changes. Other changes are shown here also, but I put those relevent to this topic in bold.

function GRSS_ToggleBids()
local player = UnitName("player");
local itemname = GRSSItemName:GetText()
if GRSS_Bidding == 1 then
GRSSToggleBids:SetText("Start Bids");
GRSS_Bidding = 0;
GRSSBidStyleDropDown:Show();
GRSS_EnableFunctionalButtons(1);
SendChatMessage("Your chance to express an interest on ["..itemname.."] is over. No more interest will be recorded. If you were missed speak up in Vent.", "RAID");
SendChatMessage("Your chance to express an interest on ["..itemname.."] is over. No more interest will be recorded. If you were missed speak up in Vent.", "RAID_WARNING");
else
GRSSToggleBids:SetText("Stop Bids");
GRSS_Bidding = 1;
GRSSBidStyleDropDown:Hide();
GRSS_HighBid = 0;
GRSS_EnableFunctionalButtons(0);
found = false;
for i,v in pairs(GRSS_ItemPrices[GRSSCurrentSystem]) do
if string.find(string.lower(v.name),string.lower(itemname)) then
DKPvalue = v.points
found = true;
end
end
if (found == true) then
SendChatMessage("Is ["..itemname.."] an upgrade for anyone? '/w "..player.." !want 1' to express an interest in the current item. This will cost "..DKPvalue.." DKP.", "RAID");
SendChatMessage("Is ["..itemname.."] an upgrade for anyone? '/w "..player.." !want 1' to express an interest in the current item. This will cost "..DKPvalue.." DKP.", "RAID_WARNING");
else
SendChatMessage("Is ["..itemname.."] an upgrade for anyone? '/w "..player.." !want 1' to express an interest in the current item.", "RAID");
SendChatMessage("Is ["..itemname.."] an upgrade for anyone? '/w "..player.." !want 1' to express an interest in the current item.", "RAID_WARNING");
end

end
end
Quote by cyanos
Chops, I was wondering if you could change the GetGRSSDKP application to also grab the priority of items from the website. I am looking for this so that I can add showing the priority of an item at the same time as showing the price of it.

Eventually I would like to get to the point where when the bidding for an item occurs, it would show the DKP cost and the Loot Priority when it says that bidding has started.

After further searching the change required to import the loot priority would be minimal on the server side. The luadkp.php available on the site already has a location for the loot priority, it just needs to be populated by the php script when it grabs the item name and the item dkp value.

I have created a temporary, but time taking, change so that I could implement the loot priority into the addon, and it is working great with minimal changes.
Thank you for all that Cyanos. While I haven't copied any of your code, I have borrowed some of your ideas for the new version (particularly the sending tells for rolls, and the !dkpall functionality).

Thanks for the feedback.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Thank you for all that Cyanos. While I haven't copied any of your code, I have borrowed some of your ideas for the new version (particularly the sending tells for rolls, and the !dkpall functionality).

Thanks for the feedback.

It is great that you enjoyed my ideas, though I do understand why you wouldn't use my actual code since I just learned a little about lua only when making these changes.

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6
[Back to Index]