Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Bug
Section of the Site Game Addons/Importers
Urgency (0 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
This is something that I've been ignoring for quite some time, but it's really starting to annoy me now. DKPProfiler keeps throwing me errors while interacting with other addons within World of Warcraft. It seems to be clashing with GuildCraft and GnomishYellowPages. It has referred to other addons as well, but these are the most commonly named in the errors I receive. I always keep my addons up to date, so it isn't any particular version of these addons that are giving me problems. I've been receiving these errors for at least two months. I'm hoping you can look into it.

Here are the most common ones I'm getting:
[2009/04/07 03:52:40-4533-x20]: DKPProfiler-0.63\DKPProfiler.lua:321: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
DKPProfiler-0.63\DKPProfiler.lua:62: in function `DKPProfiler_OnEvent'
<string>:"*:OnEvent":1: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>
<in C code>: ?
<in C code>: in function `?'
GuildCraft-265\tooltipHooks.lua:35: in function <Interface\AddOns\GuildCraft\tooltipHooks.lua:33>
<in C code>: in function `SetHyperlink'
GnomishYellowPages-r35\GnomishYellowPages.lua:26: in function <...ace\AddOns\GnomishYellowPages\GnomishYellowPages.lua:21>
GnomishYellowPages-r35\GnomishYellowPages.lua:2852: in function `triggerFunction'
GnomishYellowPages-r35\GnomishYellowPages.lua:2742: in function <...ace\AddOns\GnomishYellowPages\GnomishYellowPages.lua:2738>

---

[2009/04/07 04:14:32-4533-x6]: DKPProfiler-0.63\DKPProfiler.lua:321: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
GuildCraft-265\tooltipHooks.lua:35: in function <Interface\AddOns\GuildCraft\tooltipHooks.lua:33>
GnomishYellowPages-r35\GnomishYellowPages.lua:26: in function <...ace\AddOns\GnomishYellowPages\GnomishYellowPages.lua:21>
GnomishYellowPages-r35\GnomishYellowPages.lua:720: in function <...ace\AddOns\GnomishYellowPages\GnomishYellowPages.lua:715>

---

[2009/04/07 04:15:18-4533-x2]: DKPProfiler-0.63\DKPProfiler.lua:321: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
GnomishYellowPages-r35\GnomishYellowPages.lua:1793: in function `onclick'
GnomishYellowPages-r35\GnomishYellowPages.lua:2286: in function <...ace\AddOns\GnomishYellowPages\GnomishYellowPages.lua:2279>
GnomishYellowPages-r35\GnomishYellowPages.lua:898: in function <...ace\AddOns\GnomishYellowPages\GnomishYellowPages.lua:896>

---
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Seeing as the how the line in question is referring to a variable being populated by the GetTradeSkillLine() API function, it's apparent that one of those two mods are changing the way that API call runs.

I'll have to look into what exactly is being changed. The code works just fine without any mod interaction, but mods which change the crafting system calls historically don't like to play well with the DKPProfiler.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Might I ask, what error capturing mods do you use that gives you that detailed of an output?

--
Also, the version of GuildCraft I found (from Curse) doesn't have a tooltiphooks.lua file.

Would you be willing to zip up those two mods from your interface so I can play with things and see how it works. With the versions I have, I'm not able to reproduce the error.

--
The addon I'm using for the error reports is the !BugGrabber & BugSack combo.

I got my version of GuildCraft from CurseForge. I use other addons that interact with tradeskill data and so far they coexist happily with GuildCraft. DKPProfiler is the only addon giving me errors at the moment.
Using GuildCraft 3.4.1 Beta (from Curse), I still get the following errors:
[2009/04/08 01:02:42-4551-x2]: DKPProfiler-0.63\DKPProfiler.lua:321: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
GnomishYellowPages-r35\GnomishYellowPages.lua:720: in function <...ace\AddOns\GnomishYellowPages\GnomishYellowPages.lua:715>

---

[2009/04/08 01:03:19-4551-x6]: DKPProfiler-0.63\DKPProfiler.lua:321: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

---

[2009/04/08 01:08:29-4551-x1]: DKPProfiler-0.63\DKPProfiler.lua:321: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
GnomishYellowPages-r35\GnomishYellowPages.lua:2852: in function `triggerFunction'
GnomishYellowPages-r35\GnomishYellowPages.lua:2742: in function <...ace\AddOns\GnomishYellowPages\GnomishYellowPages.lua:2738>

---
Important question: When do you receive the errors?

I open my professions windows and I'm not getting any errors. This is with Bugsack, Buggrabber, Gnomish Yellow Pages, and GuildCraft (the beta you linked).

I'm just not able to produce the error. Very baffling.

--
Stand in a city and as GnomishYellowPages collects trade-skill data from people linking their professions in the Trade channel, the errors start occurring. It also happens if you open GnomishYellowPages (/gyp) and click on a profession button.

If I disable DKPProfiler, I no longer receive any errors.
Excellent. Thank you. I wasn't really sure what to look for, as I've never used GYP before. I'll have some answers shortly as I've now managed to reproduce the error!

--
Alrighty, I have it figured out. Thanks for the help.

The problem was that mods like GYP will load the UIs of professions the user doesn't have. In doing this, it triggers the "TRADE_SKILL_OPENED" event, which tells the mod to capture the data in the tradeskill window, and then load that data into the appropriate profession table for storage. This table is previously assumed to be initialized due to the call to "DKPPGetSkills()" which reads the user's "Skills" tab, finds the professions, and initializes only the relevant professions.

When the mod was trying to store information on a profession the user doesn't have.

The short of it is that the mod assumed that the user was not able to open the professions window of a profession he doesn't have.

I'll have a fix deployed in a few minutes.

This also explains why it was so hard for me to find: I also didn't realize that you could open the professions windows for other professions, so I didn't even consider that as an option.

--
Fix deployed.

--
Thank you for the quick fix! It's so nice not having errors anymore.

[Back to Index]