Password:

Forgot your password?
Current Standings

Current Standings
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: [Suggestions]

Chops, any chance we can get a rank permission on the DKP Current Standings menu item? I am running a test for a new system and would really like to keep it to Web Master rank so as to not confuse the majority of the raiders.

--
Malice
Band of Idiots
Make it a hidden system. You'll have to know the number it's been assigned (probably 2) and navigate to the pages manually (go to your current system and replace 1 with 2 in the address bar), but that's not too bad. And you can even set up links to the new system in the menus and make those menu items admin rank only until you're ready for it to go live. Then un-hide it, and change the ranks on the menu items.

To hide a system, go to Admin > DKP Systems > and click [Edit] beside the system you want to hide. Then check off the last option on the page "Hide DKP System".

--
Yeah. I'm aware of that. But I am trying to test it with uploading real GRSS data, which is not an option when it's hidden.

--
Malice
Band of Idiots
Hmm okay, well. I use two active systems, one for DKP and the other for attendance.

In our Menu Administration I disabled the built in DKP menu and re-created it as simple links. You could do similar, as I previously described, link to the old system and have that at a low rank, and link to the new system and keep that at the highest rank.

That way the new system is still active and visible, but nothing will link to it so only those in-the-know will find it.

It's a little bit of work, but it won't involve Chops at all.

--
Good idea. I'll see about doing that.

--
Malice
Band of Idiots

[Back to Index]