Forgot your password?
Player appears twice on GRSS Attendance List

Player appears twice on GRSS Attendance List
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hi,

Im fairly new to GRSS, and still learning things everyday, but here goes.

Last night my comp overheated and rebooted, and for some reason that wiped my snapshot for the night's raid. With some help, I remembered every event and piece of loot given out, and manually created the snapshots by hand (AKA made a billion of wipes in raid attendance >. .

It was at that point that I noticed that one of our members appeared twice on the list of members for the attendance list. One appears to be the players main account, it has it listed as their main, and has their race and class. The second time the name is listed, it has no race or class and is not designated as a main.

My issue is that it is this second appearance that has been receiving points for the last week.

I can of course easily make an adjustment on the main character to fix last weeks points, but what I am looking for is the proper steps I should take to go about fixing this. I believe I would need to do the following:

1. Make an adjustment to the main character to apply points from the last week.
2. Delete the second character with no attributes.
3. Ensure that GRSS begins recording under the proper character (AKA the main character we have left).

Sorry for the wall of text. Please let me know if any clarification is needed, and thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

~Czisix
Last night my comp overheated and rebooted, and for some reason that wiped my snapshot for the night's raid.

This is an unfortunate drawback of the way WoW saves mod data. If WoW doesn't close smoothly, it will simply forget any data that's not been put to the hard drive. You can alleviate this risk by occasionally typing /console reloadui, which forces the data gets written to the hard drive.

1. Make an adjustment to the main character to apply points from the last week.
2. Delete the second character with no attributes.
3. Ensure that GRSS begins recording under the proper character (AKA the main character we have left).

There are two things you'll need to do first. First, you can merge the two characters together. Use the "Character Merger" option, which will take everything (particularly DKP) from one character and merge it into another, then delete the "Merged" character.

After that is done, head to Admin > Characters, and modify the existing character to make sure it's associated with the right Realm (this is a common cause of duplication resulting from uploading).

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thanks for the prompt response!

I will certainly begin reloading my UI frequently lol

[Back to Index]