Forgot your password?
2 Questions

2 Questions
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Hello,

I looked in the first two pages of forum posts and did not see these questions. Sorry if they are repeated.

1) Can I manually change the color of just certain words on the web page? For instance I want to make a recruitment section and change the colors of the classes based on recruitment needs (like red/green based on needs) but I cannot figure out how to do that. I don't want to color config the whole text of the site. Just certain menu items. Is it possible? If so, how?

2) Is there a way to allow access to only certain parts of the Admin menu to other guild members? (For instance I have two people I'd like to give the DKP menu admin, but I don't want to give them access to the whole Admin menu)

Thanks for your time and help.
on your admin page, the feature access link brings you to a page where you can specify what ranks can do what. a lot of the settings there are privaledges that are done on the admin page. so basically by setting up your ranks and what access those ranks have will determine who can see and do what.

as for the colors i just know that you can do it in html if you do the cutsome layout or if this is in a custum or dynamic menu i think you can use bb styling like i know [ b ] and [ / b ] work for bold. i think [ red ] or [ #FF0000 ] will work for colors.
on your admin page, the feature access link brings you to a page where you can specify what ranks can do what. a lot of the settings there are privaledges that are done on the admin page. so basically by setting up your ranks and what access those ranks have will determine who can see and do what.

as for the colors i just know that you can do it in html if you do the cutsome layout or if this is in a custum or dynamic menu i think you can use bb styling like i know [ b ] and [ / b ] work for bold. i think [ red ] or [ #FF0000 ] will work for colors.

Hmm yeah, I tried the access rank thing and they say they don't have access to the DKP page. That they get access to the full admin page which scares me lol. I don't want them to get access to the whole site admin just what I designated. Sorry, I made that unclear in my post (I guess because I knew in my head I did it and forgot to mention it)Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the access level...?

I'll see if there is something I can fiddle with for the colors. Any further pointers are appreciated.

And thanks for your quick response, Soulman.

Hmm yeah, I tried the access rank thing and they say they don't have access to the DKP page. That they get access to the full admin page which scares me lol. I don't want them to get access to the whole site admin just what I designated. Sorry, I made that unclear in my post (I guess because I knew in my head I did it and forgot to mention it)Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the access level...?

I'll see if there is something I can fiddle with for the colors. Any further pointers are appreciated.

And thanks for your quick response, Soulman.

Also to comment on what Soulman stated, keep in mind that this is Rank and higher. So if your ranks and newb, peon, officer, and gm and you set an access level to newb then everyone will see it. If you set it to officer then only officers and gm will see it.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

If you do the coloring in a Dynamic Menu or a Guide, you can use BBCode. However, if you are using a "custom Menu" the only option there is HTML.

As for the Rank stuff...they might say "I can see the whole Admin panel" but they only see what you give them access to. For example, if you only give them access to the admin panel and the DKP section, then the only thing they'll see when they go to "Admin" will be the DKP section.

You can verify this for yourself by creating a test account on your, promoting it to the rank in question, Loggin in with that new account, and going to the admin menu.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

If you do the coloring in a Dynamic Menu or a Guide, you can use BBCode. However, if you are using a "custom Menu" the only option there is HTML.

As for the Rank stuff...they might say "I can see the whole Admin panel" but they only see what you give them access to. For example, if you only give them access to the admin panel and the DKP section, then the only thing they'll see when they go to "Admin" will be the DKP section.

You can verify this for yourself by creating a test account on your, promoting it to the rank in question, Loggin in with that new account, and going to the admin menu.

Thanks ! I did exactly what you said, Chops, and I made a test and worked with it and got that working correctly. Now I just have to work on that whole color issue Thanks very much everyone.

Ok, still working on the color issue. I can def get text colored within the link-- that's fine, but I can't get the title of that link colored.

Any other suggestions on getting the title of the link to change color? I've tried "[.red]Druid[/.red]" (without the periods)but it just shows up looking like that in the link and it doesn't actually change the color of the text of the link.

Any more suggestions?
Unfortunately, you can't change the color of the menu items individually. I assume that's what you're trying to change, right?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Unfortunately, you can't change the color of the menu items individually. I assume that's what you're trying to change, right?

Yes, that what I was trying to do. Ok. Thanks. I'll figure out a different way to try and do what I want to do with that box. Thanks

[Back to Index]