Password:

Forgot your password?
lua file

lua file
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

My dkp mod is not writing the lua file. I've restarted the game, reloaded ui, restarted computer. Nothing.. there is absolutely no guildraidsnapshot lua file anywhere at all in my entire WoW folder. I've been using this mod for a couple of months now and this is the first time this has happened to me.
Very odd. to be sure, the GuildRaidSnapShot mod is running, right? It's just not creating the file in the WTF folder?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Very odd. to be sure, the GuildRaidSnapShot mod is running, right? It's just not creating the file in the WTF folder?

That's correct. The mod is running, and apparently saving it somewhere. I've tried searching my entire hard drive for the file name guildraidsnapshot.lua but the only one that comes up is the one in the addon folder.

I know it's being saved because whenever I log back into the game it still prompts me to keep or purge the items and snapshots from the last raid.

I've checked my entire WoW folder, file by file, for the lua, but it's not there.
Are you running Vista, and if so, is WoW installed into the Program Files folder? I suspect that's the problem.

The easiest solution in that case, is to move WoW out of the program files folder (for example, I keep WoW in d:\games\world of warcraft). The Program Files folder under vista is a protected folder, and as such, a lot of those files are end up going into a hidden folder called "VirtualStore" located somewhere like this: c:\users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files

--
Quote by Chops
Are you running Vista, and if so, is WoW installed into the Program Files folder? I suspect that's the problem.

The easiest solution in that case, is to move WoW out of the program files folder (for example, I keep WoW in d games\world of warcraft). The Program Files folder under vista is a protected folder, and as such, a lot of those files are end up going into a hidden folder called "VirtualStore" located somewhere like this: c users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files

Holy cow! and there it is..

Has anybody told you lately how sexy you are?

Hah! Glad that was it. The first time this problem struck, I was on the phone for over an hour trying to find out where the file went and why. I was completely baffled.

If you're fine with using the virtualstore, then keep things as they are, but I strongly recommend moving the WoW folder to another location.

Otherwise everything gets dumped in the virtualstore: screenshots, addon settings, etc..

--

[Back to Index]