Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Open
Type Support
Section of the Site Documentation
Urgency (1 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
Hola Chops

I have been trying to simplify my porcess for people's attendance but seem to be having trouble and now I need your help.

I have been using "event category" for 10 man, 25 man, old school....., to indicate wht we are doing, only the current 25 man raids count for raid attendance. I have been manually importing the seperate bosses into excel then sorting the data there, but I started using [event category] hoping it would make my life easier, but it hasn't, atleast from what I can find.

I would like a way to srot out just the 25 man raids (it appears to me thats why [event categry is here], but I can't sort out the raid that way.

Naxx (doesnt count anymore) has 15 bosses, Ulduar has 14 bosses, and ToC has 5.

Wjat I am affraid to do is merge these bosses under one group and people that stay , say for the first two and some one stays for 6, they get the same credit as someone who stayed the whole 14 or 15 bosses.

Any suggestion or can you add a section that we can sort the raid attendace by "EVENT CATEGORY" would be a great help, TY

Naked
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Are you only using DKP for the 25-man raids, or does your system work like you only care about raid attendance for the 25-man raids, but track DKP for all of them?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Are you only using DKP for the 25-man raids, or does your system work like you only care about raid attendance for the 25-man raids, but track DKP for all of them?

I use the app for all types of raids, but we only count attendance (for rank promotions) on current 25 man raid progression

--
Remember, It's a game, Have fun
Never go to bed angry
Naked
Quote by Naked
Quote by Chops

I use the app for all types of raids, but we only count attendance (for rank promotions) on current 25 man raid progression

I would like to be able to sort raid attendance by "EVENT CATEGORY"

--
Never go to bed angry
Naked
only care about raid attendance for the 25-man raids

--
Never go to bed angry
Naked
I at least need to ask, but have you looked into the "Raid Analysis" section? Or does that not help you?

--
Quote by Chops
I at least need to ask, but have you looked into the "Raid Analysis" section? Or does that not help you?

I have. I have tried every avenue that I can, but there is no opiton for me to query the attendance by "EVENT CATEGORY". I have to manually seperater 10 man & 25 man & this is becoming a tiresome task, when we can be raiding 5 days a week.

--
Never go to bed angry
Naked
I realize that you're trying to query on Event Category, but unfortunately, this is not currently an option.

When I asked earlier about 10- and 25-man raids, I was asking specifically if you tracked DKP for 10-man raids vs 25-man raids, to try to determine if it made sense to separate them within the system via creating two "Loot Systems" one for 10-man and one for 25-man.

If you head to Admin > DKP > Create New Loot System, you can make a new system altogether.

Looking at your data, I'm not seeing much in the way of points, so it I think that your best avenue would be to use two separate loot systems. Then, when you're loading the data, you can associate some raids with the 10-man and some with the 25-man raids.

From that point, the Attendance percentages all get separated fundamentally, saving you the headache.

Ultimately, though, I've just been trying to understand your system, as everyone does it a little different, and before I recommended something drastic, I wanted to make sure I had things square.

Please, if you're still struggling with this, or if my recommendations don't make sense, give me a call, and we can try to figure this out with a more personal and immediate conversation (sometimes, it just helps to just have that immediate back-and-forth). You can reach me at 414.940.4866 if you need.

--
TY, for the time Chops. The loot system may make sense in the short term for us. I have to be honest we broke from dkp a way back when I nuked the site. We are now a loot council guild and I have to admit we are much happier for it. We end up with out loot whores and I don't think anyone wants them in their guild.

I am sure you saw that we do have 10 man & 25 man raids and heroics. In our guild Ranks are earned for attendance on 10 man (smaller of course) and 25 man the higher ranked members.

So what I am seeing from you that it would be best if I call it loot1 for 10 mans and loot2 for 25 man and loot3 for heroics. If this is going to be the only way to track attendace by raid (10 or 25).

I know we have been busy on this topic but we are still having seroius issues with TOC recording the proper snapshots & recording loot for FC & Anub'Arak

TY for your attention

Quote by Chops
I realize that you're trying to query on Event Category, but unfortunately, this is not currently an option.

When I asked earlier about 10- and 25-man raids, I was asking specifically if you tracked DKP for 10-man raids vs 25-man raids, to try to determine if it made sense to separate them within the system via creating two "Loot Systems" one for 10-man and one for 25-man.

If you head to Admin > DKP > Create New Loot System, you can make a new system altogether.

Looking at your data, I'm not seeing much in the way of points, so it I think that your best avenue would be to use two separate loot systems. Then, when you're loading the data, you can associate some raids with the 10-man and some with the 25-man raids.

From that point, the Attendance percentages all get separated fundamentally, saving you the headache.

Ultimately, though, I've just been trying to understand your system, as everyone does it a little different, and before I recommended something drastic, I wanted to make sure I had things square.

Please, if you're still struggling with this, or if my recommendations don't make sense, give me a call, and we can try to figure this out with a more personal and immediate conversation (sometimes, it just helps to just have that immediate back-and-forth). You can reach me at 414.940.4866 if you need.

--
Never go to bed angry
Naked
I know we have been busy on this topic but we are still having seroius issues with TOC recording the proper snapshots & recording loot for FC & Anub'Arak

Interesting? Did you get the update that was deployed a few days ago, which should be addressing the Anub and faction champions issues (among others)?

And yes, I think that that would be your best option, to set up a separate loot system for each 10-man and 25-man.

--

Quote by Chops

Interesting? Did you get the update that was deployed a few days ago, which should be addressing the Anub and faction champions issues (among others)?

And yes, I think that that would be your best option, to set up a separate loot system for each 10-man and 25-man.

I usually see the update, but I havent, I will look for it after this post. I have set up 6 (atm) different loot systems ( which is weird but functional) and it is giving me the correct query set I am looking for. Would it be possible to get a database that we can query by event catagory in the future?

--
Never go to bed angry
Naked

[Back to Index]