Password:

Forgot your password?
Site Keeps Going Down

Site Keeps Going Down
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Not sure why but our site keeps going down....ALOT. Any ideas?
Hmm...I haven't been experiencing any downtimes.

Just as a test, if you see your site go down, try closing the browser (all browser windows) and then reopen it and see if it doesn't respond.

Sometimes, the browser freaks out and sits waiting on a prior request that never went through (or something to that effect)

Does that work?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Yeah thats not working. Its happeneing to ALL of my members also.
Yeah thats not working. Its happeneing to ALL of my members also.

Really?! Hmmm....When your site isn't responding, is dkpsystem.com responding? Those two are on the same machine.

--
dkpsystem.com comes up just not our site. Like right now its not up again.
dkpsystem.com comes up just not our site. Like right now its not up again.

I'm utterly stumped. The site is responding just fine for me.

When it happens again, if it's still happening, would you mind calling me at 414.940.4866 and perhaps we can do some troubleshooting?

--
When i get a chance Chops yeah TY
When i get a chance Chops yeah TY

Absolutely. I'm quite concerned about this. I don't hear any reports from other guilds, and the fact that your site goes down, while other members of your guild are unable to access it as well, despite the fact that the other sites are up is truly baffling.

--
Yeah its been happening for about 1 to 1 1/2 weeks now. Just thought I was having issues until the rest of my group told me they were having the same problems. Does it have anything to do with the address maybe????

EDIT:

Actually heres a funny thing: (http://www.unitedguilds.net) doesnt work BUT....... (http://united.dkpsystem.com/news.php) DOES work.

Address problem??? Maybe then.
Actually heres a funny thing: (http://www.unitedguilds.net) doesnt work BUT

OOoooooooooohhh...that's what's goin on!

That's not something I have control over.

Try opening up a command prompt (Start > Run, then type cmd)

then type
ping www.unitedguilds.net

It'll say "Cannot find host" before it even tries an IP address. This means that your machine isn't able to figure out what IP address goes to www.unitedguilds.net.

It sounds to me like your registrar's DNS servers are dying or something. Who is your registrar? You might want to transfer off their service.

--
Question Chops,

Is the United guild sited hosted by you? and your servers. (I am thinking it is but I'm Triple checking steps here).

Can you repost what the Ip for Quick reference for me. and Is that new Ip go for "Hosting Name or if we have an outside Domain name that IP address should be used for the Domain name part?

Did I seriously confuse you?

The site...

www.unitedguilds.net still is down I wanna fix it this weekend. Any support will be great.

--
Alicatt ~
The domain is with Godaddy.com But their is no DNS available for that account there. (weird) It says its "not hosted here". If that helps.

--
Alicatt ~
The new IP is 208.100.30.200

In the godaddy configuration, you want to find a link that says "Total DNS Control and MX Records"

That's where you set the IP up.

--
Oh that is good to know for the future, when I get my domain name for my site.

--
Sreh
Ok so Sorry to not Update you earlier but We did fix it. /cheer

We had to delete other IP addie and input your IP for the DNS.

We got that all together. Thanks for the Helps.

--
Alicatt ~

[Back to Index]