Password:

Forgot your password?
Editing custom menus

Editing custom menus
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

I know there is a spot to edit custom menus, but it isn't doing exactly what I need it to do.

Is there anyway to edit a custom menu such as the "Shout Box". I don't want it to load the style info that comes with it when it gets called, rather use a style I set up for it in my CSS file.

I tried putting in my own code but that only surrounds the generated stuff. Any advice?
So you're trying to set your site your shoutbox to use a seperate color scheme or CSS file than the rest of your site?

Unfortunately, there's no way to make the shoutbox use a different stylesheet than the rest of the your site, unless your stylesheet utilized an iframe that linked to another webpage.

Or am I misunderstanding you?

What's your site, so that I have a context?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
So you're trying to set your site your shoutbox to use a seperate color scheme or CSS file than the rest of your site?

Unfortunately, there's no way to make the shoutbox use a different stylesheet than the rest of the your site, unless your stylesheet utilized an iframe that linked to another webpage.

I think like other inquiries into the Calendar and how to customize it. Not that they want a different CSS to load but they want to know where in the CSS they can change the style and look of the shout box.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Chops

Well for my site (it's only under testing right now, none of it is live) I have a master font size of 1.5em and then for each part I do a percentage of that. That way the site is fully scalable.

When the shoutbox opens up it insets this piece of code:

style='overflow:auto;height:200px;font-weight:normal;font-size:7.5pt'

Am I able to change it so it doesn't include that piece of style code?
Alrighty, for the shoutbox, I've added a class that you can define called ".shoutboxtext"

Give that a shot, that should give you what you're looking for.

--
Quote by Chops
Alrighty, for the shoutbox, I've added a class that you can define called ".shoutboxtext"

Give that a shot, that should give you what you're looking for.

Awesome, thanks. I'll get to messing with it right now.

BTW, I just started messing with the DKPSystem stuff and it's nice to see you so responsive to people, including newbies like me.
Happy to help, man. I hope that this'll get you what you're trying to accomplish.

--
Quote by Chops
Happy to help, man. I hope that this'll get you what you're trying to accomplish.

Yup, worked great. The font size was coming out way to small without that extra tag you added.

Just out of curiosity, why do you have the style tags built into the HTML like that instead of putting it in the stylesheet under shoutbox_menu?
Just out of curiosity, why do you have the style tags built into the HTML like that instead of putting it in the stylesheet under shoutbox_menu?

Mostly because it wasn't something I figured others would want to change.

--
Quote by Chops

Mostly because it wasn't something I figured others would want to change.

Haha. I guess there's always one idiot out there like me who wants to have everything my own way.

[Back to Index]