Forgot your password?
Calling for Drop-In Templates

Calling for Drop-In Templates
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

1 2 3 >>>
I'm looking to add a "Community-Made Templates" with an auto-templating system to integrate some Advanced Layout Options directly into the system.

What I need (and I'll be making plenty of my own) are some complete templates from you guys, if you want. If you've created your site with Advanced Layout Options, and wish to submit yours, simply zip up all the pertinent files, and then I'll look through your code and tweak as necessary.

Submitting a quality template (as long as I decide it's "good enough") will get you a number of things for you and your guild:

1) A free one month extension to the DKPSystem.com guild site of your choosing (probably be your OWN guild's site)
2) A free DKPSystem.com shirt for you (when/if I get around to making them).
3) Public Recognition with links both to your guild's site and a homepage of your choosing (if you happen to have a homepage or something with your resume or examples of other work, for example)
4) My love for all eternity.
5) I'm still debating this, but I was thinking something along the lines of perhaps a raffle for Template submissions to give some kind of prize for being "Chops' Favorite Template" (like a hot new video card or something, or maybe an OpenBSD boot diskette*) No promises on this one, but I'm definitely giving it some serious thought)

So, if any of you are up to making some hot templates for other guilds to benefit from, please either mail submissions zipped to sigmastar@gmail.com, post them as attachments to this thread, or post them as an attachment to a private thread to me.

Thanks everyone, and I look forward to seeing some of your hot submissions.

* Just kidding about the OpenBSD Boot Diskette.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
I'm looking to add a "Community-Made Templates" with an auto-templating system to integrate some Advanced Layout Options directly into the system.

What I need (and I'll be making plenty of my own) are some complete templates from you guys, if you want. If you've created your site with Advanced Layout Options, and wish to submit yours, simply zip up all the pertinent files, and then I'll look through your code and tweak as necessary.

Submitting a quality template (as long as I decide it's "good enough") will get you a number of things for you and your guild:

1) A free one month extension to the DKPSystem.com guild site of your choosing (probably be your OWN guild's site)
2) A free DKPSystem.com shirt for you (when/if I get around to making them).
3) Public Recognition with links both to your guild's site and a homepage of your choosing (if you happen to have a homepage or something with your resume or examples of other work, for example)
4) My love for all eternity.
5) I'm still debating this, but I was thinking something along the lines of perhaps a raffle for Template submissions to give some kind of prize for being "Chops' Favorite Template" (like a hot new video card or something, or maybe an OpenBSD boot diskette*) No promises on this one, but I'm definitely giving it some serious thought)

So, if any of you are up to making some hot templates for other guilds to benefit from, please either mail submissions zipped to sigmastar@gmail.com, post them as attachments to this thread, or post them as an attachment to a private thread to me.

Thanks everyone, and I look forward to seeing some of your hot submissions.

* Just kidding about the OpenBSD Boot Diskette.

I have one for you.

6. The template will be named after your guild site. IE Legends, PIAS, or Immortal Knights.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
6. The template will be named after your guild site. IE Legends, PIAS, or Immortal Knights.

You can name it what you want...if you wanna name it "Ninja Germans" that will work.

--
I'll submit the one im making for my site.

I would think about uploading the template I am currently working on, but would rather the images used not be included ... The buttons I dont care so much ... but the background, and the sword and header images are #1 a very specific size, so people who used the layout would need to be able to make good images, and #2 somewhat specific to my site ...

--
That's cool. Anything you want. I can modify the layouts as necessary to make them more "generic"

--
Quick question.. I love the idea of having templets for advance Layouts..

Is this implemented yet if so where would I find it under admin.. thanks

Oh Not sure if this is the right place but.,. I have looked all over the site and did not find any how to manuels.. for your services. Are there any or are your forums about it.. thanks again
There aren't any available templates yet. We're still workin on them!

--
Chops,

We talked awhile back, and I've been making one specific template that I know will be Desirable... but I need some minor changes made to the PHP to accomodate it. Mainly, I need some grouped values broken into separate tags that I can take advantage of.

I'll send you a Private thread with more info on what I'm thinking, but thought I'd mention here that I have some great ideas providing that you can support some of what I'm after

Lookin forward to seeing what you manage to produce!

--
You're welcome to take a copy of the one I did.

Are you able to just get it from the site (since you have admin access too?) or should I zip it up anyway? No matter what you're going to have to go in as admin for a bit anyway because some of the config is in the basic colors and the basic background. I don't remember which items though since some bleed through even when you do advanced layout.
When do you think you'll have some templates ready for folks to use in the advanced layout options?
Quote by Ciscokid
When do you think you'll have some templates ready for folks to use in the advanced layout options?

Soon

--
my problem is that i'm so in the dark on this stuff & without the time to learn it well enough that i won't totally destroy things. I'd love to find someone who would/could create one for me for a decent fee. I've looked around but i'm so clueless I don't even know how to import the ones I've found into my site. And add to that I've not found one I like a whole lot.
Growing very anxious about the templates. Do you think we will see them this month? (crosses fingers)
Quote by knubs
Growing very anxious about the templates. Do you think we will see them this month? (crosses fingers)

I'm trying! The Menu changes were the last of the major architectural changes needed for the Advanced Layouts to work. From here, it's just tweaks to the system.

--
the fate layout looks great!! I love what you guys did!!

Choppy Im impressed with your business~~ ~~blinkerz~~

cant wait for the new layouts

--
~~citygirl~~
Quote by crickit

Whoa Blinkz joined CiTN....holy crap

--
Quote by crickit

thanks man really appreciated

--
designer of http://aszune.dkpsystem.com
Quote by borkjev
Quote by crickit

thanks man really appreciated

Just curious, any update on the projected time for the wiki? I've been thinking about picking up a how to book for the layout but I'm not sure if I should get HTML,CSS, or whatever. What would I use for the advance layout?

--

1 2 3 >>>
[Back to Index]