Password:

Forgot your password?
Creating a static, non-menu page

Creating a static, non-menu page
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

I'm still new at this, but I was wondering how you create a static, non-menu page? For example:

Let's say I add an item in the "Resources" menu, called "Foo". Then, when you click "Foo", the "Foo" page opens (as expected). Now, in "Foo", I have a bunch of text, plus a couple of more links to other static pages on the site. It's these static pages I don't know how to create by themselves. The result i'm looking for is when you click the links in "Foo", the link opens in the guild website, just like any other quild page.

Any ideas/help? Thanks a bunch

--
Solak 70 Warrior
Quote by Solak
I'm still new at this, but I was wondering how you create a static, non-menu page? For example:

Let's say I add an item in the "Resources" menu, called "Foo". Then, when you click "Foo", the "Foo" page opens (as expected). Now, in "Foo", I have a bunch of text, plus a couple of more links to other static pages on the site. It's these static pages I don't know how to create by themselves. The result i'm looking for is when you click the links in "Foo", the link opens in the guild website, just like any other quild page.

Any ideas/help? Thanks a bunch

I don't think there is a way to link something from inside the content of a page that will open in the guild page. The reason is that as far I know there is not way to target the <!--System Content--> tagging. You can create a link on a menu and do this with "If this is a link, do you want it to open up as a frame on your page?" option.

Now it might be possible if you were to create the Foo as an HTML Page. Upload the page to your Administrative File Upload section. Inside Foo then if you call an <a href> where the target equal self and you have already opened Foo as a frame in your guild site I believe it would technically open in the same frame. This would mean that every page you made would have to be free form html.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Right now, there isn't, but I've been thinking about some mechanism to do just this lately.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thx for the info and the help guys. Lemme see how creative I can be =)

--
Solak 70 Warrior

[Back to Index]