Password:

Forgot your password?
More Splash Screen Assistance

More Splash Screen Assistance
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

So I "attempted" to create a splash screen. I found a image I liked and uploaded that to my administrative upload as a jpeg. I found some coding by "view source" of someone else's layout I liked and I copied that into MS Word and saved it as a webpage. Now my problem is when I either open it from my C: drive or from the uploaded .htm file I don't get to see the end result, just the code. I'm ensuring it's saved

Is there a certain way to save it (Besides in html format) and upload it to Splash Screen test to view what it should/could look like?

Thanks

--

It's actually mcuh simpler than you're making it. You definitely DON'T want to paste that stuff into Word, cuz word will mangle it badly.

Instead, just paste it into notepad and save it as a .html file.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Actually; I'd like to jump in with a Splash Screen problem while this is open.

In Firefox and Safari, my Splash Screen picture is perfect. In IE 6 and 7 it hangs out to the left, while the text link stays in the center.

Any clue what I did wrong?

http://wowoutcast.dkpsystem.com
Thanks Chops. The notepad did indeed fix the issue.

--

Quote by Krysi
Actually; I'd like to jump in with a Splash Screen problem while this is open.

In Firefox and Safari, my Splash Screen picture is perfect. In IE 6 and 7 it hangs out to the left, while the text link stays in the center.

Any clue what I did wrong?

http://wowoutcast.dkpsystem.com

Hmm....Chec k out this line of code:

.mid{
          width:946px;}

And try changing it to
.mid{
width:689px;}

The 689 is the width of your current splash image, while the 946 is the width of the dkpsystem.com splash image.

--
Quote by Chops
Hmm....Chec k out this line of code:

.mid{
          width:946px;}

And try changing it to
.mid{
width:689px;}

The 689 is the width of your current splash image, while the 946 is the width of the dkpsystem.com splash image.

Hmm ... now it's anchored to the left side.
Ok, the problem is clear now. It's anchoring to the left because you removed the "<td>" from the left and right side of the image, which is fine, except for the "class=mid" on the middle image thinger. My original suggestion would have only worked if you hadn't deleted those sections (but I didn't notice that).

Simply remove the "class=mid" and it SHOULD center it appropriately.

--
Quote by Chops
Simply remove the "class=mid" and it SHOULD center it appropriately.

Perfect!

I appreciate the continued support Chops.

[Back to Index]