Forgot your password?
Possible error with DKP ?

Possible error with DKP ?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hi Chops,

My question is this. When we enter our dkp we enter different snap shots. For example

/grss attnd point
/grss fatso boss kill
/grss great big fatso boss kill

From that point when we upload, we distribute points per each of those snapshots. What happens then is per the above example our number of raids now equals three for this one night of raiding. Which ends up effecting our attendance.

We are addressing how to handle this, but my questions are...

1. Are we entering the dkp wrong or is this how everyone does it?

2. Is there a way to enter dkp where it appears as only one raid yet still count those who may have joined the wait list later in the night ?

3. Any suggestions or feedback ?
Quote by Khrysta
We are addressing how to handle this, but my questions are...

1. Are we entering the dkp wrong or is this how everyone does it?

2. Is there a way to enter dkp where it appears as only one raid yet still count those who may have joined the wait list later in the night ?

3. Any suggestions or feedback ?

1. You are not entering it wrong but might be missing a step. Are you associating the Raid to an Event from your calendar? The way Chops has the system setup is that the Global item is called an EVENT and is driven by the calendar. The snapshots do indeed come out as individual raids but should all at some point correlate to a global Event.

2. I don't believe this would work unless the logic of how the system tracks things is broken down is reversed such that a RAID is the event on the calendar and the snapshots became sub events on a raid. The terminology is reversed slightly and that is where the confusion comes in.

3. I don't really have a suggestion here except maybe for Chops. The only thing I see i what you do that could cause any error in Attendance is with the snapshot for the Attendance Point.

In essence each boss kill being a raid works to identify the raid attendance because for some guilds people are always there for every boss kill or attempt. Some guilds like yours award points for bonuses like being ontime, staying the whole raid, etc.

I think what would help is 1 or 2 options or both being added to the system.

1. A global option to Track Events as Raids for attendance. If a person is present in any snapshot of they are counted as being present for the Event and thus when attendance is calculated if you had 4 Events and they were present for at least 1 boss for each then they would be counted as 100% attendance.

2. An option during import to check whether or not to count a snapshot toward attendance. Or the option could be associated to the Destination and have the default be checked. What this would do is make it so that every Boss counts as a raid and is counted toward attendance. If you create a destination called Bonus DKP and use it for the times you award points for On Time, Attendance, etc or create separate destination for each if you don't always award the same point values you then get an option to Uncheck the Count Towards attendance. So none of these bonus point awards would then skew the raid attendance.

I personally would opt for option 2.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

[Back to Index]