Password:

Forgot your password?
Automatic Thread Tag for PM's

Automatic Thread Tag for PM's
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

A setting or a default that you can change to make PM's default to a special tag, or set up your own tag to have it default to.

--
Do you mean so you can filter the results to only show private threads or something? If so, what if I were to just add an option to the drop down for "Private Threads only"?

The thread tags are a way of categorizing the threads into topics, so you could then have a private thread in the "Mage" topic, thereby making sure that it stays with the Mage threads when someone filters on Mage-Only threads.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Yes, but it's sort of tied in with my other request.

I'd like to have a subset of all tags viewable at once.

--

I like the idea of private threads in the Mage tag.
I want a defualt private thread tag.

for instance if you PM someone, it will have this.
I would like the option to set this in the admin prefs.
So admins can name the tag, and on PM, it would be the default tag.

--

I like the idea of private threads in the Mage tag.
I want a defualt private thread tag.

for instance if you PM someone, it will have this.
I would like the option to set this in the admin prefs.
So admins can name the tag, and on PM, it would be the default tag.

I have to agree with chops. PM is in itself a classification of the message. If you default the tag now you don't have a way to categorize your PM to all officers as an officer only message.

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
I have to agree with chops. PM is in itself a classification of the message. If you default the tag now you don't have a way to categorize your PM to all officers as an officer only message.

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

I only want a default. I never said I didnt want users to be able to change it...

--

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

I only want a default. I never said I didnt want users to be able to change it...

Correct. And adding features like these, as long as they aren't an impedement on the users, is usually a good thing. At this point, I'm considering adding three new features as a result of these conversations:

1) Default Overall Thread Tag (changable by the poster, naturally)
2) Default Private Thread Tag (also changable by the poster)
3) Filters to display "Only Private Threads, or No Private Threads"

MAybe one or all will end up convoluting things and the features might get toasted after development, but generally speaking, limiting users' functionality is a bad thing, and if making a default Private Thread tag will advance in the functionality of the site, then I have to build it.

We'll see what happens, I guess.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
I think the usefullness of a default PM tag will become more apparent when we have checkboxes instead of radio buttons.

--
I think the usefullness of a default PM tag will become more apparent when we have checkboxes instead of radio buttons.

Not "instead." "As an additional option"

----

--

Not "instead." "As an additional option"

----

--

[Back to Index]