Password:

Forgot your password?
GRSS problems

GRSS problems
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Tickets]
Secondary: None

Well Ive tried everything I can think of and need some help.

We did a Sunwell raid last night with the raid timer running and it appeared to be taking hourly snapshots as well as snapshots when bossed were killed.

The alert boxes came up when items were awarded.

Everything looked like it was working properly. Go to upload the snapshots this morning and there is nothing there. The last information is from a tk pug raid earlier in the day.

Ive been having these sort or problems pretty much since the patch came out.

The one thing I have noticed is when I look at the snapshots with notepad the boss kills are not normally in chronological order.

Help please I have been having to load raids manually from wws data and its driving me nuts.
Has it never worked for you since the patch?

Here's the thing to test.

1) Form a quick raid with a few random guildies
2) Take a manual snapshot (ie: /grss mytestsnapshot)
3) Log out of WoW and try uploading the snapshot and see if it's there.

Keep in mind that if WoW crashes at all (or you ALT+F4) before the data is written to the hard drive, that all those changes are lost.

Try typing /console reloadui after snapshots to force WoW to write the data to the hard drive.

If the snapshots are being taken in-game, but the data isn't there, then what's happening is WoW is failing to write it's mod data to the hard drive. The most common cause is WoW crashing.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Has it never worked for you since the patch?

This is whats so frustrating one day it works fine the next it does not. Whats even more confusing is that sometimes it will capture the loot given out but not the raids.

Quote by Chops

Here's the thing to test.

1) Form a quick raid with a few random guildies
2) Take a manual snapshot (ie: /grss mytestsnapshot)
3) Log out of WoW and try uploading the snapshot and see if it's there.

Tried this just now and everything appears to work fine this way.

Quote by Chops

Keep in mind that if WoW crashes at all (or you ALT+F4) before the data is written to the hard drive, that all those changes are lost.

What normally causes the data to be written to the hard drive?

Quote by Chops

Try typing /console reloadui after snapshots to force WoW to write the data to the hard drive.

If /console reloadui will force it to write to the hard drive I can see doing a lot of this from here on.

Quote by Chops

If the snapshots are being taken in-game, but the data isn't there, then what's happening is WoW is failing to write it's mod data to the hard drive. The most common cause is WoW crashing.

Again no wow crashes last night, what else could be causing problems?

[Back to Index]