Password:

Forgot your password?
Resetting a toons DKP to Zero

Resetting a toons DKP to Zero
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Is there a way to reset a character's DKP to zero without removing the character from the site? When we have players change mains, we zero their DKP and I am looking for a much easier way to resolve this.

--
Malice
Band of Idiots
When we do this we do a negative adjustment of the value of the DKP they currently have.
I've tried that, but with decay it can leave them with negative DKP which we frown upon.

--
Malice
Band of Idiots
Ahh we don't deal with decay. I have no other ideas aside from deleting the toon in question =(
Quote by Jyobanti
Is there a way to reset a character's DKP to zero without removing the character from the site? When we have players change mains, we zero their DKP and I am looking for a much easier way to resolve this.

Why not use the "Character Transfer" option under DKP. That's designed precisely for changing mains.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
That would transfer all of the DKP too, which would not achieve the result of a Zero DKP balance for the new main.
Both toons should be set to zero.

--
Malice
Band of Idiots
Let me explain a bit. Historically people have switched mains to gear alts. While not a problem in and of itself, having people swap on a whim is problematic for progression. Zeroing out DKP on both toons involved makes the player think about why they are swapping and whether or not it's worth it.

--
Malice
Band of Idiots
Right, I misunderstood the purpose of your initial post. Unfortunately the only way right now to instantly zero out a character's DKP is to delete and re-create.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Alright, thanks.

--
Malice
Band of Idiots
I've made a ticket about this problem - gogo support

http://www.dkpsystem.com/ticket.php?ticketid=841

[Back to Index]