Password:

Forgot your password?
Menu Layout

Menu Layout
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

I changed the drop-in template. I have dove into the CSS and the Layout HTML. Have been able to change and add a few things. Have a grand plan that I am excited about, but...

How can I move the Menu (Admin, news, etc) from a sidebar to the top. I have tried with CSS and it seems something is overriding the horizontal layout. Any help would be great!

--
"Of all the names I've been called, I like daddy the best"
So I can see what you want to do (more particularly, which template you're using), what's your site's address?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
So I can see what you want to do (more particularly, which template you're using), what's your site's address?

Guess it makes since I should have added these things.

Template is "Glass" slightly modified at the moment.

www.theresidual.info is the website.

Trying to put the navigation menu right above the tables.

--
You'll want to modify the HTML to include <!--System:Menu:Menu-->. Put this above the tables in the layout file.

Then, in the code where it says <!--System:Menus:Left-->, change it to <!--System:Menus:Left:Menu--> (that last "Menu" at the end means to ignore any menu called "Menu" - preventing duplicating the menu on the side-menus).

Does that help? I see you've added that ticker at the top, implying that you're comfortable with HTML customization.

--
Cool I will implement this soon. As far as being comfortable, lets just say I dont worry about messing things up to bad. I back-up everything before I change it, and I do a lot of reading before I jump into something.

That works, but I forgot to say I am trying to make it a horizontal menu.

--
I was actually just thinking about this post when I realized I gave you faulty advice.

You'll want to use the Embeded Menu functionality of the Layout guide to make a horizontal menu.

--
Got it, now to see how to change it in CSS! Thanks once again Chops!

--

[Back to Index]