Guild News Post

Guild News Post
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Hi Chops,

Congrats on the 300+ sign ups.

To go with the idea of having a sticky option for news posting; to also add a guild only option in there to. That way if you want something posted for the guild to see but shouldn't be for the public to check out.

Thanks

--
Painkillerle
Thanks man!

That's actually a very good idea.

*Adds it to the list*

--
It's all in the reflexes.

Just out of curiosity, how much money to you rake in doing this?

--

I wouldn't call it "raking it in" but I'm making a living. I'm making enough that I'm giving consideration to dropping the consulting aspect of my company to focus on this (as well as my other projects in the works).

--

I wouldn't call it "raking it in" but I'm making a living. I'm making enough that I'm giving consideration to dropping the consulting aspect of my company to focus on this (as well as my other projects in the works).

LOL he hasnt put Ads on the home page yet so he is doing ok so far LMAO. Just wish I was smart enough to think of it first.

Going to put you next to the inventer of the corncob holder.
Simple idea but going to rake in the money in the long run

Good luck Chops

--
Painkillerle
hehe...I've had people tell me I should put up advertising. I refuse out of principle.

I don't want hokey, lame-ass guild sites like those on GuildPortal, even if they are free, and maybe should provide me with more money short-term. I want only quality sites, and the best way I can regulate that from my position of "give you everything" is to make sure that advertising isn't a part of that.

--
hehe...I've had people tell me I should put up advertising. I refuse out of principle.

I don't want hokey, lame-ass guild sites like those on GuildPortal, even if they are free, and maybe should provide me with more money short-term. I want only quality sites, and the best way I can regulate that from my position of "give you everything" is to make sure that advertising isn't a part of that.

/cheer

/cheer

About the news thing... you can select the level of the news posting for the news letter, why not just add that function to the NEWS section. BTW, the newsletting thing screwed me up because it defaulted to the top level as opposed to the lower level.

--

[Back to Index]