Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Open
Type Bug
Section of the Site Accounts
Urgency (1 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
1. (fixed)The web site will not let my site admin log out. acct name Roff.

2. I'm not seeing accounts for members under admin/website accounts, but under Adim/Characters I see them, why is this?

3. I'm getting complains that new account are not being approved, yet there are no alerts when I log on to the site, nor does my sit admin see any alerts.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Quote by System
1. The web site will not let my site admin log out. acct name Roff.

If this happens again, you can forcefully log out by clearing the cookies for your site

2. I'm not seeing accounts for members under admin/website accounts, but under Adim/Characters I see them, why is this?

You're not seeing any accounts under "Website Accounts"? I see a bunch there. It's important to note that characters are separate entities from accounts. Stated succinctly, accounts allow a user to log into the site, characters are used for showing on the roster, signing up for events, and DKP tracking. In order for a character to use the interactive parts though, the character must be associated with an account.

3. I'm getting complains that new account are not approved, yet there are no alerts when I log on to the site, nor does my sit admin see any alerts.

Which accounts in question are causing this? I'm seeing 4 unvalidated accounts on your site, but these are still at the "Email validation" part, meaning the user hasn't yet clicked the link in their email to validate that the email address is real.

You can bypass this on a case-by-case basis by clicking [Edit] next to the Website Account, and then clicking the "Manually Validate" button at the bottom.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Quote by System
1. The web site will not let my site admin log out. acct name Roff.

If this happens again, you can forcefully log out by clearing the cookies for your site

You're not seeing any accounts under "Website Accounts"? I see a bunch there. It's important to note that characters are separate entities from accounts. Stated succinctly, accounts allow a user to log into the site, characters are used for showing on the roster, signing up for events, and DKP tracking. In order for a character to use the interactive parts though, the character must be associated with an account.

3. I'm getting complains that new account are not approved, yet there are no alerts when I log on to the site, nor does my sit admin see any alerts.

Which accounts in question are causing this? I'm seeing 4 unvalidated accounts on your site, but these are still at the "Email validation" part, meaning the user hasn't yet clicked the link in their email to validate that the email address is real.

You can bypass this on a case-by-case basis by clicking [Edit] next to the Website Account, and then clicking the "Manually Validate" button at the bottom.

2. Isn't an Website account required to set up a character? If not, how is a character set with out a website account? When i referr to not having an account but have a character example the character "Meetruc". and if there is an account how can a determine the account if it's not clearly associated?

3. I would have to get a list of the person and account info to night and get back to you. Could the fact there are unvailidate account cause a problem with new accounts being created?
Quote by bygg

2. Isn't an Website account required to set up a character? If not, how is a character set with out a website account?

If you did the roster importer, or a DKP import from the GRSS, characters can be created on your site without being associated with an account.

3. I would have to get a list of the person and account info to night and get back to you. Could the fact there are unvailidate account cause a problem with new accounts being created?

It wouldn't cause problems with new accounts, they just would add clutter to the account list in Admin > Website Accounts. You're free to delete them if you'd like.

--
Quote by Chops
Quote by bygg

2. Isn't an Website account required to set up a character? If not, how is a character set with out a website account?

If you did the roster importer, or a DKP import from the GRSS, characters can be created on your site without being associated with an account.

It wouldn't cause problems with new accounts, they just would add clutter to the account list in Admin > Website Accounts. You're free to delete them if you'd like.

3. I have two account name's which haven't receive the varification email. Maudieb and Vancowboy could you please if it shows accounts be set up for these names?

3. I have two account name's which haven't receive the varification email. Maudieb and Vancowboy could you please if it shows accounts be set up for these names?

I do not see accounts created or pending with these names.

Have them try to create accounts again. I don't have an explanation for it. Keep in mind that some people confuse submitting an application with creating an account - they are not the same. It might not be pertinent to this situation, but I'm just throwing it out there for you.

--

[Back to Index]