Changing Forums

Changing Forums
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2
Quote by borkjev
Could I just make it so that the link to the forums on my menu leads to the phpbb site?

~ Q

this is easy:

go to admin-menu administration
there you will see the whole menu layout heres what you do

under Menu you will see 'forum' -> click edit
select disable and click submit
now under menu make a new forum line by clicking 'Add new item to this menu'

there under label write: Forum
check Is this just a link to another page?
and where it says: IF this is a link or frame, enter the URL u have to give the url to the phpbb forums

You know, I realized the answer to my own stupid question as soon as I clicked off these forums. /headdesk. Thanks for the response though!

And Chops, you're my hero. Thanks!

How was Harry Potter?
How was Harry Potter?

It was great!

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
It was great!

I concur. It was really well done.
It was pretty great. Wanted to strangle the woman in pink though >-<
No spoilers!

Good idea having the classic look be a member specific option.

Idea request: Is it possible to have quotes when replying to a post be disabled? I know you can click "[Add a post to this thread]" or just delete the "[Quote]" but unfortunately that is beyond quite a few people

Im getting sick of the 8 deep quote posts on my forums

--
Quote by Chops
"Classic View" Deployed. At the top of the forum page, see the "Classic" option.

Great solution. I love the implementation of this because it gives users the best of both worlds. As a GM I can setup categories and tags and users can choose how they want to see them using filters or the Classic View.

I personally will leave my on the Thread Tag view but I did explore the classic view and it is a pretty nice implementation of a view built on your core system. Hopefully all those that were not satisfied with the forums are now happier and will use the system you provide.

I can't wait till you get the customization options for the forums done to see what we can do with that. Maybe someday in the future I'll have more time to fiddle again and redeploy a custom layout.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
This classic view I think will really help get some of our guildies more involved in what is going on (of course some won't).

I did have one small additional suggestion I noticed that he classic view has the last post for each category but that it doesn't mark them as read or unread like the "standard" view does by bolding unread threads. Just thought it might me a nice little tweak for those that will be using the classic view.
I did have one small additional suggestion I noticed that he classic view has the last post for each category but that it doesn't mark them as read or unread like the "standard" view does by bolding unread threads. Just thought it might me a nice little tweak for those that will be using the classic view.

Indeed, this is something I planned on getting in when I released it, but deadlines hit and I wanted to get it out and mostly debugged before I left for vacation.

I'll definitely be adding that. I plan on adding a "number of unread threads" column, which, if anything above zero, will highlight that row.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops

Indeed, this is something I planned on getting in when I released it, but deadlines hit and I wanted to get it out and mostly debugged before I left for vacation.

I'll definitely be adding that. I plan on adding a "number of unread threads" column, which, if anything above zero, will highlight that row.

I might have missed this, but was there a way to order them other then alphabetically? Like, put the Public forums on top, members on the bottom, etc? Been playing around with it and so far I really like it, just don't want to have to put A-public forums, B-member forums, etc..
I think that is another option that Chops would need to add. I don't think there is any kind of definable order today.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Tekono
Quote by Chops
"Classic View" Deployed. At the top of the forum page, see the "Classic" option.

Superb is the word that best describes this

And by this I mean the service just as much as the implementation. Thank you very much!

Many of my members really love the tags system but we still have a few naysayers who use classic view One ability that would be nice is in Classic View if we could set up an order for the forum catagories to be displayed outside the normal alphabetical listing. Personally I love tags and encourage our guildies to try it out but this was just a suggestion of some members.

<<< 1 2
[Back to Index]