Password:

Forgot your password?
Questions on GRSS

Questions on GRSS
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Our guild is looking to potentialy switch from SuicideKings to a DKP system, and we would like to use GRSS.
The current system we are looking at implementing works like this:
-Everyone starts off with a base set of DKP (which GRSS handles).
-You earn points for various actions/kills/participation (I am assuming this is a manual update process by someone in GRSS).
-When it comes to distribute loot, the players will roll for it.
-The player who won the item has the DKP points (still figuring that part out) for that item deducted from their system (which I believe GRSS handles).

Instead of just using /roll 1-100, we were planning on using this formula: /roll (1+DKP)-(100+DKP). Essentially adding the DKP points to the roll they made. So a new person to the raid still had a chance to beat out someone who had 50 more DKP points.
Anyway how would this rolling scenario work with GRSS or does it not (I saw mentions of 1-100 and 1-1000 in the documentation, but nothing on variations)?
I guess the only way to tell everyone what they are rolling with is to spam the raid channel with the current status?
Can there be seperate lists per raid dungeon? I.E. KZ list, Gruul's list, etc...
Would there be any logic to having seperate lists per group per instance? Like KZ1 and KZ2 seperate DKP lists. Reason for this question - we have some people who rotate back and forth and I am not sure carrying their DKP points over between groups would be fair.
If you don't use two seperate lists, can you still run the two raid groups in the same instance at the same time and not mess things up? I.E. You would have two uploads occuring, but in theory the toons would be unique in each one.

Sorry for being naive about this mod. I did read the online document, but it left me with the questions above. I am sure if I played with it some, I could get some of the answers, but I would prefer not to mess with it in game and potentially screw something up.

Thanks for the help/advice/suggestions.
At the moment, the roll stuff that you request is not supported, and dynamic rolling is also not supported. If you enter the rolls to be 1-100, anyone who rolls anything besides 1-100, will be ignored..

Adding the DKP value to the rolls is something though that I've given some thought to and decided that it's an option worth adding.

As for using seperate lists, sure, that's no problem at all. Just click "Add new DKP SYStem" on your Admin menu.

Running two uploads would be mostly no problem at all, unless you guys upload at exactly the same time (like within the same 5 second window).

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
At the moment, the roll stuff that you request is not supported, and dynamic rolling is also not supported. If you enter the rolls to be 1-100, anyone who rolls anything besides 1-100, will be ignored..

Adding the DKP value to the rolls is something though that I've given some thought to and decided that it's an option worth adding.

As for using seperate lists, sure, that's no problem at all. Just click "Add new DKP SYStem" on your Admin menu.

Running two uploads would be mostly no problem at all, unless you guys upload at exactly the same time (like within the same 5 second window).

Chops - you are the man yet again.
BTW I LOVE the pic you have. It cracks me up every time Henry Swanson!
Henry Swanson!

hehe...excitement's my game!

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]