Forgot your password?
Rank issues

Rank issues
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hey, I'm having an issue with ranks.

I created: officers, Members, and non-members but I can't seem to promote anyone else to officer.

Get ready for me to be a pain in the butt...I'm horrible at this =P

----
-Banja
DSR Raid Leader...ish

--
-Banja
DSR Raid Leader...ish
One of the security features built into the site is the fact that you cannot give someone else the highest level of security, because once that happens, you lose power over that character. That said, what you should do is rename rank ID 1 to something like "site Admin" or "Officer/Webmaster" or whatever, then insert a rank between "Site admin" and "Member" for Officer.

THEN you'll be able to promote other accounts to the rank of officer.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
One of the security features built into the site is the fact that you cannot give someone else the highest level of security, because once that happens, you lose power over that character. That said, what you should do is rename rank ID 1 to something like "site Admin" or "Officer/Webmaster" or whatever, then insert a rank between "Site admin" and "Member" for Officer.

THEN you'll be able to promote other accounts to the rank of officer.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

Ya know...I'd just figured that out and was coming over here to take this down when you replied. Thanks for the quick response, customer service is what really makes this site!!!

----
-Banja
DSR Raid Leader...ish

--
-Banja
DSR Raid Leader...ish

[Back to Index]