Forgot your password?
Calling for criticism

Calling for criticism
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Not that this is a really big issue, but for certain features there's access controls in more then one location. For example, the live chat feature. I set the live chat to a certain rank and they were not able to use it, after digging around for a while I found that in the menu administration there was another place where the access was set to something different. So I did figure it out, just don't see why you would have it in two locations instead of just one.
Quote by Swayz
Not that this is a really big issue, but for certain features there's access controls in more then one location. For example, the live chat feature. I set the live chat to a certain rank and they were not able to use it, after digging around for a while I found that in the menu administration there was another place where the access was set to something different. So I did figure it out, just don't see why you would have it in two locations instead of just one.

That's true, and indeed it probably should be removed from the Feature Access section. Thanks for the heads up.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Quote by Swayz

That's true, and indeed it probably should be removed from the Feature Access section. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm not so sure and this is the topic of another recent "security" type question/concern. Does the option in the Menu Admin section prohibit someone from manually browsing to a link of they have it bookmarked or know the URL structure? If the answer is no then I think the Feature access section still applies as the permission under feature access typically prevent someone from being able to use the feature even if they can see it.

Examples:
If you are not a member (or logged out) on my site you can not see the Gallery link. However if you know the URL you can still navigate to it. The same holds true for the Roster.

So the point is that just removing the link from the menu via menu administration doesn't remove the ability to use the feature or page. While I agree that it is simpler to have all these things in 1 place I think some functionality for privacy and security needs to be expanded. Instead of just having the drop down selection for Minimum Rank to view the Link in the menu there also needs to be a Minimum Rank to View the Page or access the feature.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
[QUOTE=Chops]There have been a number of reports of the site being difficult to use lately...

Not a criticism per se but didn't knwo where to put this explanation and instructions for the guild bank mod.

A number of features in the Resource Menu become usefull once every character has used the guild bank mod. I believe the Resource Menu items are:

- Professions
- Factions
- Quest Search

The mod on curse gaming with a similar name is not the mod from dkpsystem.com and should not be used

1. If you're logged in to WoW logout first and exit the game

2. Install the guildbank mod to your PC. It has its own install so you don't have to copy/paster folders to the WoW addon directory.

http://dkpfiles.com/www/files/GuildBankInstaller.exe

3. Start WoW and log into your character

4. Type /gbk which takes a snapshot of your profile

5. Open each character and repeat the /gbk for each

6. Log off WoW

7. Run the Guild Bank Uploader from the Start Menu on your PC desktop and enter sk.dkpsystem.com, your web site account, web site logon and password.

(The program never asks for your Wow logon or password)

It will pre-select all your character profiles to upload to the SK site

8. Click OK. The program minimizes for some reason to your toolbar on the bottom left in the icon tray. You can just click that icon to maximize it again and watch the upload status.

9. Return to the site and check out your character profile

The Keys and Attunements menu

The GuildBank mod doesn't yet control the Keys and Attunements section yet. To have the Keys and Attenements show up, edit your character profile, and there you can manually check the boxes for Keys and Attunements.

Here is my wishlist:

1. On my site I create raid events on the calendar and sort signups by roles rather than classes. Unfortunately when the start time is passed, the default view "Full Atendee List" resorts back to a class listing and there is not option to sort by role at all...only class, time, noshow etc. Is it possible to have post-raid info default to a Role breakdown if thats how you have the signups set?

2. It'd be nice to be able to set the default view after the raid start time has passed. It always defaults to the "Full Atendee List" which, IMO, is the least useful view.

3. Separate security settings for Sub-Galleries. I'd like anyone to be able to view my In-Game and Karazhan Kill galleries...but would like to lock down viewing of my guild's RL pics to guild only.

4. "Currently Recruiting" menu should be have a "By Role" config as well as a "By Class" config. With the huge bump in alternate-spec viability granted by WoW:TBC I really don't care if a tank is a pally, druid or warrior...and if for some reason I did I could easily put it in the note detail. The way it is now I'd have to put (Warrior --> Open --> Prot), (Paladin --> Open --> Prot), (Druid --> Open --> Feral/Bear). Seems a bit involved when I could just put (Tank --> Need 2) in a Role based config.

5. If I see a guildmember on the site and want to live chat with them, I can hop into Live Chat, but have no way of letting them know I want them to hop in too. A paging function would be cool where I can hop into live chat and type /page JoeSchmoe and they'll get a popup that says "<name> wants to talk to you in live chat" or something like that.

That being said...these are just things I'd like to see. Every one of them has a viable work-around and I'd just like to say that you all @ DKPSystem have done a fantastic job. Great product, and great support.

--
It isn't a huge thing- but this might be kinda nice if it could happen--

For the Raid Availability section- it'd be nice if Admins could delete a member's RA schedule if they are listed on the site as a non-member or guild friend (but doesn't raid). Usually it's easier to just delete them from the site, but sometimes that isn't really an option.

Anyway- it'd be a nice feature but obviously not one that's a pressing issue.

--
http://dragonarmy.dkpsystem.com/news.php
http://www.myspace.com/peligrie
Couple of ideas:

When running dkp auctions, we treat different ranks differently (e.g. raiders get priority over members) and we run silent auctions where the winner pays one over the next highest bid. Would love for the bidding window to display the character's rank, and I'd love an option to adjust the winning bid.
I'd love an option to adjust the winning bid.

The rank thing is actually planned on being implemented. PErhaps it's something I can do this week.

As for adjusting the winning bid, conveniently, you don't have to do much to do that, just when the item popup comes, enter the (2nd highest+1) bid.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops

The rank thing is actually planned on being implemented. PErhaps it's something I can do this week.

Oh, great!

Would also be wonderful if the snapshot recorded who was on the waitlist at the time the snapshot happened.

Another helpful website change would be to only show mains by default when manually creating a raid. (somehow our mod didn't record the values in the lua file tonight so I ended up rebuilding by hand on the website, and we have a lot of alts in guild...)

Thanks!
The biggest complaint I have is the events. I need the following, and I would've thought they'd be standard features.

1. The ability to mark people as no-shows or cancellations before the event, during the event, and after the event.

2. The ability to make notes for specific events. Notes should be public, private, or officer/admin only.

If I'm missing these features, I'd like to know where they are - it's not very apparent where they are if they do exist.
1. The ability to mark people as no-shows or cancellations before the event, during the event, and after the event.

You can change anyones approval status before the even is locked provided you have the permision.

Status for No Show automatically updates when DKP is uploaded and can be viewed after the event and will show after DKP is loaded and associated. What is missing in this is status that shows people that weren't there Start to Finish and who showed up late.

--
But the current approval statuses do not suffice, really. Approved, Waiting List, Awaiting Approval, and Denied doesn't accurately address all status choices. A "Canceled" status is needed, and to me "No Show" is a status, too.

Thanks for the info on where "No Show" is tabulated - however, it doesn't really help our situation as we're not tracking DKP yet. I can understand the logic behind the DKP and No Show correlation, but not every guild event is DKP-based.
Hey there!
I am in charge of filling the raids, keeping the events up to date and what not. Alot of my guys are, how do you say, LAZY! They don't go to the site as often as they should and stress me out by seeing open raid spots when I know that they are going to attend. Is there any way to make it so that admin have the ability to manually sign someone up on the calendar? This would be very helpful to me and put my mind at ease whenever I open up the calendar. Thank you in advance.

Aludra
Legacy of Ascension of Azgalor
Quote by Aludra
Hey there!
I am in charge of filling the raids, keeping the events up to date and what not. Alot of my guys are, how do you say, LAZY! They don't go to the site as often as they should and stress me out by seeing open raid spots when I know that they are going to attend. Is there any way to make it so that admin have the ability to manually sign someone up on the calendar? This would be very helpful to me and put my mind at ease whenever I open up the calendar. Thank you in advance.

Aludra
Legacy of Ascension of Azgalor

Chops is working on mechanic to manually add people to the signups.

Quote by starlyght
But the current approval statuses do not suffice, really. Approved, Waiting List, Awaiting Approval, and Denied doesn't accurately address all status choices. A "Canceled" status is needed, and to me "No Show" is a status, too.

Thanks for the info on where "No Show" is tabulated - however, it doesn't really help our situation as we're not tracking DKP yet. I can understand the logic behind the DKP and No Show correlation, but not every guild event is DKP-based.

I knew it wasn't the solution to your concern but Chops in another thread indicated that the signup and calendar system was in need of enhancements and maybe this is one he can get in for you as he works on the mechanic to Manually add people he can likely add a couple of new status.

--

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[Back to Index]