Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Development
Type Suggestion
Section of the Site DKP
Urgency (4 votes)
Rating (4 votes)
Description:
Chops,

We use QDKP in our guild. It is a great DKP recording utility... (Second only to yours of course).

We would like to continue using it because it stores the DKP for each player in their WoW player note. Basically it is a fully ingame DKP mod. We would like to post each nights raid data for later analysis.

It supports exporting in XML format, and I believe it has a eqDKP export function as well. Would you be willing to write an importer for here?

Here is a link to the mod.
http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/5124/?cpage=6

If you want, I can attach a XML output later.

-Toddler
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
While QDKP isn't getting added, lots of new functionality is getting added to the GRSS.
Quote by System
Chops,

We use QDKP in our guild. It is a great DKP recording utility... (Second only to yours of course).

We would like to continue using it because it stores the DKP for each player in their WoW player note. Basically it is a fully ingame DKP mod. We would like to post each nights raid data for later analysis.

It supports exporting in XML format, and I believe it has a eqDKP export function as well. Would you be willing to write an importer for here?

Here is a link to the mod.
http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/5124/?cpage=6

-Toddler

In Game constant DKP Tracking is nice. I would actually prefer it if Chops evolved GRSS in this direction rather than trying to add support for a mod that a developer may drop off the face of the earth and stop playing wow.

A client mod for GRSS would be nice as it would allow others to get all the stored data rather than sending tells to a raid officer for it. some of this can be done with the SendAddonMessage function blizz added a while back.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

That would be pretty cool, whenever you can get to it. I'm willing to take a look at an importer for it.

As for evolving the GRSS to being Fully-In-Game, the scariness of that is the fragility of the Guild Notes. Anyone (any officer anyway) can change the player note, which I assume would toast the syntax of the player's DKP, thus potentially destroying it. That, and the note only supports like 40 characters, how is the rest of the data stored? Does it operate like the GroupCalendar mod?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops

That would be pretty cool, whenever you can get to it. I'm willing to take a look at an importer for it.

As for evolving the GRSS to being Fully-In-Game, the scariness of that is the fragility of the Guild Notes. Anyone (any officer anyway) can change the player note, which I assume would toast the syntax of the player's DKP, thus potentially destroying it. That, and the note only supports like 40 characters, how is the rest of the data stored? Does it operate like the GroupCalendar mod?

QDKP stores data in a form like (you can customize it):

Net: ### Tot: ### Time: ###

the raid log is stored in a user's SavedVariables - by default it saves 200 entries per person & per raid. That's one of the issues that we've run up against using QDKP; in that whomever was running the raid is typically the only person with valid logging - if we were to upload that data periodically, it would drastically reduce the volatility of the system (I'm just lazy, I guess? )

So, my take on storing the dkp values in officer/public notes is that it's a convenience option for guild members - not particularly an official store for the data. (if you do it, make sure you let the user choose whether to put the data in an officer or public note - some other mods make use of those as well)

I'd rather see GRSS upgraded with the QDKP features you like.
Quote by tkieffer
I'd rather see GRSS upgraded with the QDKP features you like.

I can agree with that

To clarify things (in my head) - here's the major features that our guild uses in QDKP that appear missing in GRSS (I haven't extensively used GRSS just yet, so feel free to point out things that I should take out of this list)

QDKP features:
  • hourly DKP ticks, and the ability to turn them on/off at will (we only do hourly DKP for progression fights/trash up to them)
  • The ability to share DKP between alternate and main characters (i.e. DKP at the user level, not the character level)
  • Full raid histories (i.e. moving away from the snapshot paradigm to a logging paradigm) - when people join/leave, gain loot, DE'd loot, and other events
  • Storing DKP values in either the public or officer notes so players have an easy way to see their current total, and a slightly less volatile store than SavedVariables

As another offer, I'm also perfectly willing to put in some time to tweak the AddOn and contribute code back, as well (once I get my layout/design done first though!)
hourly DKP ticks, and the ability to turn them on/off at will (we only do hourly DKP for progression fights/trash up to them)

This is done via /grss starttimer and /grss stoptimer You can set it to do snapshots in any period you wish (snapshots every minute for the HARD CORE).

# The ability to share DKP between alternate and main characters (i.e. DKP at the user level, not the character level)

Not yet..but coming.

Full raid histories (i.e. moving away from the snapshot paradigm to a logging paradigm) - when people join/leave, gain loot, DE'd loot, and other events

This is definitely not done. This always seemed the province of CTRaidTracker such that it was reinventing the wheel, though I don't exactly think it would be THAT difficult to implement...maybe.

Storing DKP values in either the public or officer notes so players have an easy way to see their current total, and a slightly less volatile store than SavedVariables

That's actually an interesting idea, and one I could do. It would have to be something like:

SystemName:Earned:123|Spent:456|Adj:789|Tot:4548

However, I don't think it's long enough to support more than one System's values, which sucks.

--
Quote by Chops
That's actually an interesting idea, and one I could do. It would have to be something like:

SystemName:Earned:123|Spent:456|Adj:789|Tot:4548

However, I don't think it's long enough to support more than one System's values, which sucks.

Yeah, I think it's limited to somewhere around 30 characters, no where near enough. We only have one dkp system, so it's easy there :-/

You know, it's probably best to use the comments simply as a "query" tool for members, nothing else. Let the site admins configure which systems show up in the comment (with abbreviations), i.e.:

"10man: 200, 25man: -150"
"10man: 200, 25man: -150"

Right, it would make more sense to be very brief and only put the totals, rather than the breakdown, especially with the limits as short as they are.

--
Here is our QDKP.LUA file that I think doubles as our backup.

--

[Back to Index]