Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Suggestion
Section of the Site Characters/Roster
Urgency (5 votes)
Rating (4 votes)
Description:
Request a new way to display the Raid Availability information for members. A graphical display in 1/2-hour increments from top to bottom in server time, with a simple number in each block with how many people having listed that time as "Available."

Clicking on the number will result in a list of the characters.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Quote by System
Request a new way to display the Raid Availability information for members. A graphical display in 1/2-hour increments from top to bottom in server time, with a simple number in each block with how many people having listed that time as "Available."

Clicking on the number will result in a list of the characters.

I would agree. The initial implementation filled a critical missing gap but I think a lot of nice ideas have poured out regarding ways to improve it.

I thought at 1 time Chops had indicated that he was planning and overhaul. I think there are 2 things that could be done to greatly improve the system. Change the way the data is entered and stored for each Person/Character. The Any/Any criteria don't give a lot of help.

My thoughts.
Users select multiple blocks of time through each day of the week with a start time and end time to each block. The times should be selectable from a drop down in half hour increments. This data could then be stored in a database so that queries down for the display mechanism would could be shown.

Make it so that administrators can request new data on a scheduled interval. Based on that set interval the user should recieve and alert when returning to the page the next time they visit the site indicating that they need to update or validate their raid availability.

For the raid availability display allow users to select from a filter list to create a table view of the requested data. Data should be exportable into a CSV style flat file for users to import into excel or other editing software. A few things on filter options. Main/Alts/Both. Day and Time filters. Also a basic filter as mentioned above to just show numbers of how many people are
available.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
I've set the Raid Availability overhaul as a high priority item.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
I've set the Raid Availability overhaul as a high priority item.

Chops, you might be able to reduce some rework by doing that concurrently with this ticket.

/shameless plug
The Raid Availability has been upgraded, though not as far as it can go. The CSV download still is not there, though I am planning this still.

A lot of the options Saud listed are not completed yet, so this will not be marked "Closed" yet, since those are pretty awesome ideas.

--
Quote by Chops
The Raid Availability has been upgraded, though not as far as it can go. The CSV download still is not there, though I am planning this still.

A lot of the options Saud listed are not completed yet, so this will not be marked "Closed" yet, since those are pretty awesome ideas.

So.... we can't see our raid availability anymore as of today. I made sure my info was filled in (which still looks like the old way from a while ago) but when I try to get any info to display in the guild listing nothing comes up.

So.... we can't see our raid availability anymore as of today. I made sure my info was filled in (which still looks like the old way from a while ago) but when I try to get any info to display in the guild listing nothing comes up.

My fault. It was freaking out because you don't have any keys or attunements defined. But I added the extra check in there, and it's all good.

--
Quote by Chops

My fault. It was freaking out because you don't have any keys or attunements defined. But I added the extra check in there, and it's all good.

You are the man as usual Chops.
BTW how does one get rid of an old guild that's listed under their profile? Dedicated Destiny is a guild I have nothing to do with anymore for example.
BTW how does one get rid of an old guild that's listed under their profile? Dedicated Destiny is a guild I have nothing to do with anymore for example.

If someone else is managing that site, have them make an account on here, and then let me know when it's done. I can transfer the site over to their account.

--
Quote by Chops

If someone else is managing that site, have them make an account on here, and then let me know when it's done. I can transfer the site over to their account.

If you were a woman I would kiss you.

[Back to Index]