Password:

Forgot your password?
Layout Tags in Menus?

Layout Tags in Menus?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

I had an idea to put things like "Next Event", "Statistics" and "Popular Threads" in a menu item on the side instead of in the top bar, but it didn't work as expected.

I expected that I could create a new Menu, say "Next Event" and put this in the menu HTML section:

<span class=EventName><!--System:NextEventName--><br></span>
<span class=EventTime><!--System:NextEventDate--><br><!--System:NextEventTime--></span>

But it appears that the server substitution for those tags doesn't happen in the menu HTML content.

I know I could put this in the custom Layout file, but I'd rather not since the positioning I want is between two existing Menu items.

Thoughts?

--
Quaiche - Addon Author, Druid, and Guild Leader for Benevolent Thuggery on Dragonblight
To be a little clearer... I know I can do this in the Layout file, but I still want to be able to manage the menus from the admin interface, even with my custom layout file.

Does that make more sense?

--
Quaiche - Addon Author, Druid, and Guild Leader for Benevolent Thuggery on Dragonblight
Interesting ideas. Currently, you are correct in that Menus do not process the <!--System--> commands. Perhaps it's something that can be done in the future, but given that it's possible to do with the Current Advanced Layout, and that it would require a semi-significant rewrite of that functionality, it would have to be a low priority at the moment.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]