Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Bug
Section of the Site DKP
Urgency (2 votes)
Rating (2 votes)
Description:
I have finally discovered why some of my DKP imports have a serious problem. If I have a character in the import who is a non-member (even though the account owning the character is a member) and I do a general points assignment (say 1 point)... then even though I have the character's checkbox checked to include them for the general point... they will actually get a 0 point override unless I specifically enter in 1 point in their specific box too. I have been having to go back and check old raid attendance and changing the 0 to the appropriate figure.

Also... there isn't an easy automated way to re-sync an account and all of the tools underneath it. Is there a way to just ignore toon level security and default to the account instead? I can see why some guilds might want this but honestly for me it just adds some very very tedious and unnecessary micromanagement.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
The solution heer is to head to Admin > DKP > Quick Edit Destinations, and change the ratio for Non-Members to match the others. Give that a shot, and lemme know if that doesn't work for you.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Interesting. I went and corrected those numbers and I think that will fix it, but why wouldn't the general point assignment for the boss not override the per rank numbers? We actually vary points each week based on different factors so we don't use the per rank assignment defaults and instead enter in the general override each time we upload.

Edit: Well actually will that fix it? If the default for all of those ranks is 1, and I this week I import and award 3 as the general override, which will take precedence? Does that mean that some will get the 3 from the override but some like non-members get just 1?
Interesting. I went and corrected those numbers and I think that will fix it, but why wouldn't the general point assignment for the boss not override the per rank numbers? We actually vary points each week based on different factors so we don't use the per rank assignment defaults and instead enter in the general override each time we upload.

The Per-rank stuff isn't a number, it's a ratio. So, if it's 0, members with that rank will received 0% of the assigned points for that boss. If it's 1, then that's 100%.

If you had it set to 0.25 for non-members, for example, and you had a boss where you awarded 40 points per attendee, and one of your attendees were new (no character on the site), then it will give that member 10 points, rather than the 40. (40 * 25% = 10)

Make sense? It's a ratio, not a straight point assignment.

Some guilds prefer to give less points to initiates or whatnot, while they are probationary, and then when they are promoted to full member, they receive full DKP.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]