Forgot your password?
Calling for criticism

Calling for criticism
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
Just throwing an idea out there but, Is there a way you can add something to syc. the events calendar to ones outlook with an
e-mail setup or upload option.

I would uses it, Because I'm always at work

----
Painkillerle

--
Painkillerle
You guys Rock always been there to help!! I am sure you guys are working on a lot of new features as well. Any ideas towards adding music files like myspace has them in which you can click on them in your profile or videos rather than a link? Maybe you can use the same scripts or so.
Over all you guys doing a dam good job!!!

Roguerhunter!
I know i have already told you chops but i figured i would add it to the appropriate forum category... need the ability to make applications non-private.
Thanks a lot for being proactive in making improvements to the site for all of us. Also, no criticism so far. Merely functional enhancement requests.

Couple of things I can think of right away.

1) The ability to choose email options for forums by account. (i.e. Send me an email ANY time a forum post has occurred, digest every xxx so often, never...I'll log in to check the forums.) Although RSS should handle things, some people prefer to receive the posts in email.

2) Forum RSS feed. Add the ability to open the entire forum when double clicking on the feed. (i.e. click on the article for cnn and get the blurb. Double click and get the entire page for that article.) CNN's has a URL, your URL is a local file path.

***Never mind on this one. I have realized that it's a limitation of certain RSS applications***

3) Raid Calendar. I saw the post on creating reoccuring raids. I second that one. We have a set day per week or per every other week that we raid. But to make it easier as well, can you add the clickable calendar choice much like when you book an airline ticket? you can manually enter or you can choose from a pretty simple javascript calendar?

Again, thank you for being responsive. It shows that you are paying attention to how things are going. I signed up with 90 guilds onsite a few weeks ago. I was surprised to see it at 127 today. Thanks for anything you can enhance.

Hi Chops,

Hey could you make a thread topic for Guild Recruiting?
Your starting to get alot of people and guilds signed up and congrats on that by the way! Wish I had the idea first;P

Anyways if you decide to do this make it to where there is only one forum to where people can find this so that you don't have to look all over the place to find the guilds looking for members and so on.

Thanks again Chops

----
Painkillerle

--
Painkillerle
I know I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but thank you all for your continued feedback. All great ideas, and you can expect to see some of them implemented, for sure.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I know I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but thank you all for your continued feedback. All great ideas, and you can expect to see some of them implemented, for sure.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

Is support for SuicideKings in the works for support?

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addons-2335-1-suicidekings.html

They have an uploader as well.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addons-3169-1-sk_list.html

Thanks for any information you can provide.

----
Before you ask that question...RTFM, kktx

--
Well, suicide kings CAN be implemented with the current DKPSystem.com functionality.

Just when an item is received, when entering the cost of the item, you simply enter the total number of points that the person has right now.

There is a change coming for aiding SK and other similar Loot Systems, that will look up the current number of points the selected person has at the time of entering.

----

--
Well, suicide kings CAN be implemented with the current DKPSystem.com functionality.

Just when an item is received, when entering the cost of the item, you simply enter the total number of points that the person has right now.

There is a change coming for aiding SK and other similar Loot Systems, that will look up the current number of points the selected person has at the time of entering.

----

Awesome! We should make you an honourary Guild Member!

----

--
Events Calendar Functionality / Raids

Is there any way to 'do nothing' for raid sign ups that will make the Alerts box go away? Currently, I'd like to wait a while for people to sign up and then approve/deny/etc, in one batch at one time with the list of everyone who's signed up. That way I can tell what I'm going to be dealing with in that event. But constantly having the alert's box up is annoying, even when it's minimized, because something else might pop up.

Also, whenever someone signs up for an event as 'I will not attend this event' it does not put any form of notice on the event screen that they have checked not coming. I've been harassing my guild to get everyone in the guild to sign up for all the events that are posted, come to find out that many of them are checking 'can't come' for some of the raids, and there's no distinct display for this, it just acts like they haven't checked the event. If a majority of the guild cannot come to an event, I would like to know so that I can change the event time or whatever, but with no way to see a distinction between who has checked 'can't come' and who hasn't even looked at the event, kinda hard to do.

Queue'ing players. Sometimes I have more than the amount of players for an event than necessary, but not all of them will be there for the whole event. If I just approve everyone, they'll all log in at the start of the event, and I have to decide right then, maybe after they've made plans etc, on who not to bring. If there was a way to add 'Queue' to the 'Approve/Deny/Do Nothing' list so that I could see who was going to be there at the start, and who would be in the back up list so that if someone in the main group left for whatever reason, I could begin pulling people from the queue. As it is now, it'll just go over the listed number of players. Instead of saying 5/5 hunters, 2 extra, it'll say 7/5 hunters.

DKP System

Deletion of Members from the system. As it is, once someone is in the DKP system, there's no way to delete them from it. I want to use Zero Sum, but if for whatever reason, I have a non-guild member in the group, they get put into my guild's DKP system when I import the raid information. There's no way to remove them from that listing.

Removing Raids. I've done this twice now while learning how the system works, where I imported raid data, but messed up when I was setting points and distributing. I had to delete all the data that I had entered, but there was no easy way to do this. I literally had to go to the Item adjustment, and then click on every item entered, and delete it manually. It got to the point where I was CTRL clicking to open multiple browsers at a time, and clicking delete and closing the browsers afterwards just to speed it up. Ultimately an incredibly hacked method, probably incredibly taxing on system resources loading a full new page each time for each browser, but the alternative was wasting hours of my time deleting each one and refreshing the list before moving on to the next.

Cleaning a DKP system. If for whatever reason, you jack up your DKP system, there's no easy way to wipe specific parts of the data and start over again. While trying to learn the system and get it working, I jacked it up once like above, and the second time, I just ended up deleting the entire system, and creating from scratch again.

More to come as I encounter it while trying to implement my guilds DKP Systems.

Awesome site though.

----
-Goth

--
-Goth
Awesome Suggestions Goth, Thanks.

I do have an answer for this one though:

Deletion of Members from the system. As it is, once someone is in the DKP system, there's no way to delete them from it. I want to use Zero Sum, but if for whatever reason, I have a non-guild member in the group, they get put into my guild's DKP system when I import the raid information. There's no way to remove them from that listing.

If you want to make sure someone doesn't get imported, you can simply uncheck the box next to their name when you're importing. If they make it in (if you forget to uncheck the name) and you want them removed from the system altogether, you can go to "Characters and Roster" and click "[Edit]" next to their name and then click the "Delete" button. That'll remove them from the system altogether.

Your other concerns, however, could indeed use some tweaking. I appreciate the heavy constructive cricisism, and the signup process is indeed getting a bit of an overhaul soon, since it's a pretty hacked-together solution, I'll admit.

----

--
Forum catergories plz!!

When i look at the forums its a mess, i have to many posts that need to be stickied and they fill up the main screen. The ability to make so people have to click on the catergory first would be much nicer or at least an option that lets you choose to have it either way.
Forum catergories plz!!

When i look at the forums its a mess, i have to many posts that need to be stickied and they fill up the main screen. The ability to make so people have to click on the catergory first would be much nicer or at least an option that lets you choose to have it either way.

I have a few ideas on helping with that problem, to help clear things up a tad. Unfortunately, those changes don't yet include multiple forums.

Notice, I said "yet." I've got a long-standing debate on how to possibly handle multiple forums, but at the current time, there is an as-of-yet unresolved philosophical difference between "Thread Tags" and "Multiple Forums." Maybe I'm just being stubborn like Blizzard and Soul Shards, but with the coming changes to the forum, multiple categories might be almost completely incompatible.

----

--
Thanks for the ability to edit or redo snapshots, muy handy, also for the method to remove members from the system.

Unfortunately, like all things in this world, the more you give, the more we want. Is there anyway when manually entering with 'Items Received' to use Zero Sum's functionality to dispense the points between the raid members?

----
-Goth

--
-Goth
Thanks for the ability to edit or redo snapshots, muy handy, also for the method to remove members from the system.

Unfortunately, like all things in this world, the more you give, the more we want. Is there anyway when manually entering with 'Items Received' to use Zero Sum's functionality to dispense the points between the raid members?

----
-Goth

Unfortunately, not yet.

----

--
The ability in the character profile to ask more specfic questions than just attunments. We are a WoW Guild so the ability to see Fire, Nature, Frost Resistances would be very helpful.
The ability in the character profile to ask more specfic questions than just attunments. We are a WoW Guild so the ability to see Fire, Nature, Frost Resistances would be very helpful.

Good call.

----

--
Onyxia Key Attunement is not showing up in Roster View, everything else does but not Onyxia.

----
-Goth

--
-Goth
Onyxia Key Attunement is not showing up in Roster View, everything else does but not Onyxia.

----
-Goth

Interesting. It was because there was no "Abbreviation" for it. I threw in "Ony" for the abbreviation and now it shows up. The same goes for Gnomeregon (though I didn't put in an abbrevation).

I'll have to put something in there that if an abbreviation isn't provided that it shows the full name on the Roster.

Good catch there.

----

--
GuildRaidSnapShot Mod could use a bit of a tweak. On Majordomo it doesn't take a snapshot when all adds are dead and he surrenders. Is it possible to fix the trigger for this fight? and, when Ragnaros kills one shots Majordomo it takes a screenshot. Would be nice to take that trigger out.

----
Hey Fred! I'm off to crash the server. Wish me luck!

--
Hey Fred! I'm off to crash the server. Wish me luck!

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
[Back to Index]