Password:

Forgot your password?
Guild Roster Uploader

Guild Roster Uploader
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Alrighty, the ability to initialize and maintain your guild quickly is finished. Added to the GRSS mod is the "/grss guild" command, and the "Roster Snapshot Uploader" section to the Admin (right under "characters and roster").

Hopefully this new tool will come in handy. I realize it's not yet as good as RPGo's guild roster stuff, but it's a step in the right direction.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Alrighty, the ability to initialize and maintain your guild quickly is finished. Added to the GRSS mod is the "/grss guild" command, and the "Roster Snapshot Uploader" section to the Admin (right under "characters and roster").

Hopefully this new tool will come in handy. I realize it's not yet as good as RPGo's guild roster stuff, but it's a step in the right direction.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

You have a function in it for getting guild notes. What data is expected to be in the note, order, and delimiter if any? I took a snapshot of what some people have and am including it.

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Need another option.

For characters no in the import can you give an option to mark them as "Not in Guild"?

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

--
Need another option.

For characters no in the import can you give an option to mark them as "Not in Guild"?

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

Problem detecting special characters.
["Ængel"] = "53;Priest;DOT",

This is not the correct name of the character. They should be:
Ængel ascii alt+146

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

--
For the guild notes thing, it's just there for those guilds using EternalDKP and want to import their data into it. The "Roster Uploader" doesn't actually utilize the Notes at all. Though I've been debating adding it to help figure out if a character should be an alt or not.

As for the "Wierd character" thing. Yeah, that sucks. I'm not exactly sure how blizzard does it, but the wierd characters get sent to the .lua file all messed up and I don't know all the variations. I guess I'll just have to start trying to mess with all the characters to reproduce it and create some kinda lookup-table, but at this time. It's a royal pain to deal with.

----

--
For the guild notes thing, it's just there for those guilds using EternalDKP and want to import their data into it. The "Roster Uploader" doesn't actually utilize the Notes at all. Though I've been debating adding it to help figure out if a character should be an alt or not.

As for the "Wierd character" thing. Yeah, that sucks. I'm not exactly sure how blizzard does it, but the wierd characters get sent to the .lua file all messed up and I don't know all the variations. I guess I'll just have to start trying to mess with all the characters to reproduce it and create some kinda lookup-table, but at this time. It's a royal pain to deal with.

----

I have 1 option for you. Make an import option allow us to manually change the name it is goingto import. Or in the case of a character name created manually but mispelled a merge option on the update. Where we can take the character that is going to be created and merge it with the character that already exists.

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

--

----

I have 1 option for you. Make an import option allow us to manually change the name it is goingto import. Or in the case of a character name created manually but mispelled a merge option on the update. Where we can take the character that is going to be created and merge it with the character that already exists.

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

Yeah, I think I'll go with the first option there, the ability to manually change the name.

----

--
Issue with this, as I've already found, is that when you import a RaidTracker .lua or GRSS snapshot, it will keep creating the alternate name, and assigning them their loot.

Personally, I turned the character's name into the funky version that the .lua / system kept generating for them so that it would just automatically update their profile rather than me having to merge them after each upload.

----
-Goth

--
-Goth
I'm aware of this issue. I'll be putting a couple of checks in the upload process to deal with that problem.

----

--
Need another option.

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

Ængel ascii alt+146

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

This probably won't be an issue after this last patch. GM's contacted the two people in our guild that had ASCII characters in their names and made them change them.

----
Hey Fred! I'm off to crash the server. Wish me luck!

--
Hey Fred! I'm off to crash the server. Wish me luck!
I wonder if the reason that they don't allow the crazy chars in the names is because they don't want to take the time to modify the mod code to support the characters properly.

Makes me curious why the charcters get dumped in that bizzare format in the first place.

----

--

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

Ængel ascii alt+146
----
Warlock - Lord Templar

It has always been my understanding that secial chars and Ascii coding was agains Blizzard ToE.. I know several people that have been forced to rename their chars because of special characters.. IE ©Ö€ and so forth..
They are on the American Servers. But the Euro servers those are everyday characters and need to be supported.

--

[Back to Index]