Password:

Forgot your password?
Another feature request

Another feature request
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Was wondering if you could add an option at least for site admins to put a watch on a thread that could print me out a list of ppl that have read the thread. would like to see which of my officers even read my officer only posts.

----
its the soulman
I'm deep in the rewrite of the primary display code to allow for full customization of the layout. But when I finish that, I'll be adding the "highlighted unread threads" chunk, and a natural (and easy to implement) followup of that would be a "who has seen this thread".

So, yes. On the list, and very near the top.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I'm deep in the rewrite of the primary display code to allow for full customization of the layout. But when I finish that, I'll be adding the "highlighted unread threads" chunk, and a natural (and easy to implement) followup of that would be a "who has seen this thread".

So, yes. On the list, and very near the top.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

woot! i bet the css/html/layout crap is a bitch

----
its the soulman
It's not terribly bad, I find it more difficult DESIGNING the layout than building the framework to work with the layout.

Starsonis has designed a layout that I'll be working with, and the majority of the "Hard stuff" is done for the layout modifications, so it's only a short bit before it's all deployed, then you can start working on a modification for the darkwrath website

I like the new logo, btw.

----

--
sweet i can't wait, yeah one of my boys photoshoped it along with similar sig pics. like so \/

----
Interesting...Sub-Tags, I like that one.

As for hiding threads and news, what exactly would be the reasoning for it? Do news items really need to get hidden. If they are on the list, but are hidden, what's the point of the news item? I can see the occasional hidden thread coming in handy, but news items seems unnecessary.

Threads that are inactive will end up at the bottom of the pile, and off the first few pages, which is kind of "natural selection" in that mechanism. If a thread has a ton of information on it but just doesn't get bumped or stickied should automatically delete or hide, especially if someone remembers that thread, or has it marked as a favorite.

As for the timeline, there are a number of things that have priority over the forum at this point, however, I will be revisiting the forum code in the future to tweak things.

----

--
Thread Tag Categories Done. See http://warlockssociety.dkpsystem.com/forum.php for a brief example

----

--

[Back to Index]