Password:

Forgot your password?
asoter Rank updates from the armory

asoter Rank updates from the armory
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: [Support]

"Just an update this is turning into a real problem as it is changing access to the website. I need a suggestion as to a quick work around in the short term as I have 1140 members and looking to add another few hundred here soon and the ranking is very important to maintaining the workability of the website. I need to deligate to the other Guild Masters the ability to maintain rosters but it keeps reseting to nothing selected (they are not members or nonmembers - nothing). Also something that is very disturbing is that I am finding that it has directed somepeoples ranks to General and webmaster (webmaster having full control... I can't have that rank just doled out to anyone lol).

With 10 Guilds involved in our Guild Alliance "Guilds United" I am running into a real problem with roster updates and assocosiation of rank. I made created standard ranks on my website as each individual guild has it's own ranking system. Although the armory uses a numbered system it appears. Is it possible to key off this numbered system and make that selectable as to the association with respect to the Website ranking system. Basically after an armory update I am losing my ranking because none of the guilds have the system I have and adding all their ranks is a huge amount of ranks and really takes away from the simplicity of the website.

Right now as it sits many of the officers do not have the access they need nor are the members listed as members but rather are given no rank (left blank (can we at the very least default this to fmember)?

This is appearing to be a challenge as after every update I have to rewaork the ranking of a lot of players. I also noticed that this happens after I upload raid data that includes a guildsnapshot. Perhaps if we had an admin section where all the ranks of the various guilds could be added and an accociation could be made that would link there ingame rank to their website rank (which also means level of access).
I need to deligate to the other Guild Masters the ability to maintain rosters but it keeps reseting to nothing selected (they are not members or nonmembers - nothing).

At what point are ranks being unset? During the Armory import? Remember, Characters and Accounts are not the same. If a character has the rank "Guild Master" it doesn't mean anything. The rank of the Website Account is what matters in terms of functionality. A character without a rank doesn't affect anything, it's purely aesthetic.

A website account, on the other hand, MUST have a rank, and cannot exist without one, and this is what controls the security functions.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

Oh ok I was panicing lol. Well then I think I will completely take this out of the roster view

Quote by Chops
I need to deligate to the other Guild Masters the ability to maintain rosters but it keeps reseting to nothing selected (they are not members or nonmembers - nothing).

At what point are ranks being unset? During the Armory import? Remember, Characters and Accounts are not the same. If a character has the rank "Guild Master" it doesn't mean anything. The rank of the Website Account is what matters in terms of functionality. A character without a rank doesn't affect anything, it's purely aesthetic.

A website account, on the other hand, MUST have a rank, and cannot exist without one, and this is what controls the security functions.
Ok wait this is not good...... I need rank in the roster to let every one know who are the guild masters and who are the battlemasters.

Can we remove the ranking from the roster list and simply note these two in fields like the keying

Quote by today14u

Oh ok I was panicing lol. Well then I think I will completely take this out of the roster view

Quote by Chops

At the moment, I'm afraid not. But I've got fundamental changes in development to accommodate these issues. For now, it'll be an inconvenience, but the changes are coming.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]